Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'Mr. Wizard' dies

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I really wish I could tie some of you "kids' TV today sucks!" rabble down and force you to watch some of the cartoons you have fond memories of. You'd long for death's sweet embrace in no time.
    I am finding this to be largely true as well, but there are a few notable exceptions. Pete & Pete, for example, has only gotten better with age, like a fine wine or Angelina Jolie.

2. Right. But there are exceptions today, too. There's a good handful of current cartoons that are quite well-written and animated and will stand the test of time quite well; which can't be said for, oh, pretty much every goddamn cartoon from the 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    G.I. Jooooooe!, He-Man, MASK, Transformers, Smurfs, Looney Tunes = TOP cartoons of my childhood.
    Like, see, all these cartoons suck shit (pre-60's Looney Toons excepted). They spawned better toy lines than todays' cartoons, granted.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 13 Jun 2007 at 06:39 PM.

3. Today's preschooler programming kicks the shit out of whatever was around when I was a kid (which was pretty much Sesame Street and the Electric Company). Cartoons are a lot better too, with the exception of the original Transformers, which is untouchable imo.

Of course, that may have something to do with today's kids having like, 1500 more channels from which to choose than we did.

4. ...except the only ones getting original programming are Disney, Nick and Cartoon Network - broadcast channels are just showing recycled stuff from those three, really-really-badly-localized anime (some of which also falls under the "recycled from CN" umbrella), and syndicated stuff that sucks too hard to get on Disney, Nick or CN, like fucking Sherlock Holmes in Space.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Oh well. I loved that guy's show. RIP dude.

There's only a few good shows that Nick has come up with in the past few years: Zim, Avatar, and Spongebob.

Foster's Home was alright.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Right. But there are exceptions today, too. There's a good handful of current cartoons that are quite well-written and animated and will stand the test of time quite well; which can't be said for, oh, pretty much every goddamn cartoon from the 80's.

Like, see, all these cartoons suck shit (pre-60's Looney Toons excepted). They spawned better toy lines than todays' cartoons, granted.
    ... and you call yourself an American... pity.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Spongebob.
    also: Fairly Odd Parents.

9. I really dig what I've seen of El Tigre.

Danny Phantom's pretty good, too.

10. Foster's Home easily has a bigger penis than the rest.
    Boo, Hiss.