Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man

1. From Wikipedia:

In The Amazing Spider-Man #121 (June 1973), "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" by writer Gerry Conway and penciller Gil Kane, Gwen Stacy was held captive on a tower of the Brooklyn Bridge by the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn, who is aware that Peter Parker is Spider-Man). Spider-Man arrives to fight the Green Goblin, and when the Goblin throws Gwen Stacy off the bridge, Spider-Man catches her by a leg with a string of web; the sudden deceleration snaps her neck. He initially thinks he has saved her, but when he pulls her back onto the bridge, he realizes she is dead. In shock and anger, Spider-Man nearly kills the Green Goblin in retaliation, but in the end chooses not to do so. The Goblin still seemingly dies when he is impaled by his own Goblin Glider in an attempt to kill Spider-Man.
    I wished the first film centered around her and her death instead of Mary Jane, but I guess Remi must have been smoking something to think she wasn't an important character anyway. He did a good job screwing things up.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Dole, I'm starting to loathe you.
    Lies. I know you could never mean that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Batman Forever > All Spiderman movies.
    You're sick. Sick, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by voltz View Post
    I wished the first film centered around her and her death instead of Mary Jane, but I guess Remi must have been smoking something to think she wasn't an important character anyway. He did a good job screwing things up.
    She's not an important character. Gwen Stacy doesn't matter to anyone born from 1970 onward.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    She's not an important character. Gwen Stacy doesn't matter to anyone born from 1970 onward.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. Yes, no-one younger than 37 has bought and enjoyed collections of classic material such as the Essential line.

By this logic, no-one living today could enjoy a movie about, say, ancient Greeks fighting an army that outnumbers them thousands to one... oh wait.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 22 Jun 2007 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Quote Originally Posted by voltz View Post
    He might be heading towards the Ultimate version. I would rather they focus on Black Cat instead, since Gwen Stacy's death setup got used already. First movie or bust.

Really, this is like whining about Lana Lane.

6. I know it would be a slim chance, but Black Cat in a future flick could prove interesting.

I dont' remember who Lana Lane is.

7. Quote Originally Posted by voltz View Post
    I dont' remember who Lana Lane is.
    Lois Lane's competition back in ye olde days of terrible shit Superman comics.

8. It's Lana Lang, and she's still an important part of the overall mythos even if she's not being used much in the comics these days, thanks to Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    Yes, no-one younger than 37 has bought and enjoyed collections of classic material such as the Essential line.
    Shut up! It's all about Mary Jane, man! MJ! I...I love you, baby... *sob*

I dunno...it's just that Gwen died in, what, the early 1970's? I didn't grow up with her, I grew up with MJ. And Rami treated Gwen like a nobody in Spidey 3...really, she was just there for eye candy- she had no relevance to the overall plot. I doubt she'll matter much, if at all, in Spidey 4. And honestly, I hope Rami stays away from that. There's been enough Peter/MJ romantic turmoil in Spidey 1-3. Just for once let's not have them have "issues" and/or have MJ kidnapped by the current bad guy. Just have her sitting at home waiting to lay Spidey after a hard day of crime fighting.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Jun 2007 at 09:57 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    It's Lana Lang, and she's still an important part of the overall mythos even if she's not being used much in the comics these days, thanks to Smallville.
    Doesn't change anything that I said. I can't wait for us to next discuss the importance of Krypto.