Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6979818283

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man

1. I don't know! I probably won't see this movie for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. It's actually worse than Shoot'em Up over the top. He's a lunatic "russian" mobster.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Fuck no. Shoot Em was awesome because everyone knew how crazy and over the top it was. He just screams his lines in a shitty stereotypical Russian accent. It made me cringe. What was with Spidey picking up cars but not being able to punch out a windshield??
    Lets not analyze the physics of a movie that stars a man who is half spider. With that said lets be stupid—I would assume pressure treated class takes more pressure to break than hoisting a car. That's kind of its only job.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 07 May 2014 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Marvel Universe's Spider-man from the 80's could lift approximately 10 tons.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. It's all leg strength, he lifts with his legs.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post

I thought I would hate Electro but I didn't. As far as villains can go he seemed... okay? Goofy origin but d'oh well. His power is genuinely creepy and threatening on a scale that it could kill an entire city. Spiderman never seemed to be in any real danger though? I HATED the mech shit Rhino had on. Just the design of it was clunky, ridiculous and poorly done. Giamatti was pretty dumb also. Way too much.
    This about sums it up. Liked it but Electro worked for me a bit less and Rhino was completely terrible. If you're going to bother putting in a villain like that, with as much history as the two of them have had, make it a fight worth watching.

6. I don't get the Rhino hate. Just about the entire scene with him in it is in the commercial. He's in the opening scene and the end scene, that's it! Electro was ok but I thought his story went on a bit too long. I would have loved a less Electro and more of the Goblin (was he supposed to be Green or Hob in this movie?) stuff because what little was there was the best part of the movie. I liked it overall.

7. Why? Rhino in the comics wasn't some schlub in a mechanized suit with ridiculous guns and ammo. Hate the reinterpretation.

8. I don't mind him being in a mechanized rhino suit. Just hated the design and the ridiculous hamming it up from Giamatti.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."