Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL's Top Ten Games of the Last Generation

1. I'm shocked that Jet Grind Radio made the top ten. It's a great game, but there were so many better games from last generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I'm shocked that Halo made the top ten. It's a great game, but there were so many better games from last generation.

3. I don't even remember us having a voting thread..
    Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I'm surprised Ikaruga didn't make the top 25. Didn't it have one of the largest threads here, ever?
    Half of the members posting in that thread are probably not around anymore.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Actually, this is what I really wanted to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Advent Rising should have made the top ten.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I still haven't finished it, so definitely have time to change my mind, but I felt the same. It was by far the least engaging of all the REs for me, just behind RE2 (never played Nemesis).
    When was the last time you played the old RE games, when they were current? I loved all of them as they came out, but they have aged Horrendously. RE4 is better than those games in there prime anyway, the only complaint I can see against RE4 is the fact you can move and shoot. Which granted is a big deal, but other than that I can't find anything wrong with it.

6. It's true, I haven't gone back to the old games in awhile, and don't really expect any of them to hold up well except for REmake. And I wouldn't argue that 4 necessarily does anything particularly "wrong", just that it didn't manage to be remotely compelling in the five or so hours I gave it.

7. Were GBA games ineligible, or just vote-less?

Ineligible. It was consoles only, because some dumb fuck would have voted for portables games, despite the fact that no portable game ever should be mentioned against the best console games.

9. Ninja Five-O is pretty badass, but you are right, it is stupid to compare that with Ninja Gaiden.

I can understand leaving out portable games because it keeps the list more focused but I disagree they should be left out because of quality. While I generally preferred console and PC games last gen, there were some excellent portable games like Wario Ware and Astroboy.