Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: TNL's Top Ten Games of the Last Generation

Excellent portable games are excellent portable games. No way are either of the ones you mentioned cracking a Top 25, let alone Top 10.

2. Excellent post, and excellent pics for the most part.

Resident Evil 1 and 2 are two of my most hated games of all time. I'd rather code in machine language than play either one of them. So I was doubtful when my friend fired up RE4. But I'll be damned, it's an awesome, awesome game.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Ninja Five-O is pretty badass, but you are right, it is stupid to compare that with Ninja Gaiden.
    Ninja Five-O is amazing for a portable game. I'm pissed at myself for taking so long to get it.

4. You would think that with three games in the top 25, and two of their games placing #1 and #2, that the Gamecube would have been worth a damn last generation. Unfortunately, that's 3/5 of the games worth playing on that system right there on your list. I'd throw in Pikmin 2 and DKJB and call it a generation.

Overall, it's a pretty good list and a damn good post.
    Last edited by Gooch; 14 Jun 2007 at 09:19 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Most people seem to be pretty lukewarm on [FFXII] now.
    Those people are fools, and NeoZeed's comments help illustrate why.

6. It sucks that god of war just missed out on the top ten.

7. Not really. Pretty game with a good story but there are other games on that sub-10 list and some which didn't make even that that deserved it a lot more.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post

Uh... Super Metroid is full of backtracking, too. All Metroids are.

I could have done without the artifact hunt at the end, granted.
    I did say "much like Super Metroid".

Still, Super Metroid was one of my favorites for the SNES, but the back tracking is the one flaw to the series, I'm not in favor of.

9. I don't mind back tracking in 2D, but I hate it in 3D. No clue why but perhaps this is one reason why I hate MP.

10. Take away Metroid's non-linear environment, and you're pretty much left with Mega Man.