Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 578910 LastLast

Thread: TNL's Top Ten Games of the Last Generation

1. Super fighting robot, Samus Aran!
    Fiiiiiightiiiiiiiing to save! The world!

2. Awesome post Yoshi
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

3. Good post, Yoshi. It was worth reading through your spam posts on emulation just for this one

Also, Our best of list for this gen is far better than anyone elses on the internet I'm sure, so good job there guys.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Not really. Pretty game with a good story but there are other games on that sub-10 list and some which didn't make even that that deserved it a lot more.
    The way I see it, it was the best hack and slash of last gen (aside from ninja) which is why I figured it should be on the top ten.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Take away Metroid's non-linear environment, and you're pretty much left with Mega Man.
    More like Castlevania, later to become Metroidvania.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    The way I see it, it was the best hack and slash of last gen (aside from ninja) which is why I figured it should be on the top ten.
    So what? First and foremost a list of best games should include more variety, not less. Prince of Persia, Guitar Hero, Burnout Revenge, FFXII, Deus Ex, and Warcraft III are all games that are not only better but also include genres unrepresented in the top ten. Secondly, God of War has a lot of lazy design, and the sheer difference between how it and Ninja Gaiden handle difficulty levels beyond normal is worth at the seven place drop in and of itself, let alone how much better the combat is in NG.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Good post, Yoshi. It was worth reading through your spam posts on emulation just for this one

8. Phantom Dust for the single most under rated game of the last gen.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    It sucks that god of war just missed out on the top ten.
    It disappoints me that god of war made the list and DMC3/SE did not. God of War is a great rental but that's about it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    Phantom Dust for the single most under rated game of the last gen.
    This is the truth. It would have made my list personally. Even though I got my ass handed to me online, I still enjoyed it both single and multiplayer. Thats pretty rare for me.