Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sam and Max site goes live

1. New Sam and Max site goes live

http://www.telltalegames.com/sam_and_max?nid=87823

No screenies or anything yet, but good to see things underway.

This is just about the greatest news ever.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. No, the greatest news ever will be when it actually comes out. Until then I'm not going to hold my breath.

4. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    No, the greatest news ever will be when it actually comes out. Until then I'm not going to hold my breath.
    If Bone was any indication we'll see it by summer. Telltale doesn't waste time getting shit out.

5. So are they picking up the game that was being worked on or is it all new? They don't really answer that question.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    So are they picking up the game that was being worked on or is it all new? They don't really answer that question.
    It's all new. LucasArts are villainous assholes and maintain the rights to the unreleased 90% complete game even though they no longer have the rights to the characters and can't do shit with the game. This new series will be released in smallish episodes that should be about 5 hours each and will probably sell for $20 a pop.

HOWEVER, it's being made by the same key staff members, and will likely be very similar in terms of gameplay and style.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 10 Nov 2005 at 07:08 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    If Bone was any indication we'll see it by summer. Telltale doesn't waste time getting shit out.
    If Bone was any indication this'll be a mediocre letdown.

So I'm hoping Bone indicates nothing.

8. Bone was a mediocre letdown in some ways, but it had plenty going for it also. Its heart was in the right place and I think if they expanded the amount of commands you could use to interact with the world and made it less linear, it'd be plenty solid. I don't think they were that far off the mark, they just made some unfortunate mistakes.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 10 Nov 2005 at 07:20 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    If Bone was any indication this'll be a mediocre letdown.

So I'm hoping Bone indicates nothing.
    This is like, exactly what my response was going to be.

BUT, Bone didn't have Steve Purcell, so there is at least that.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    BUT, Bone didn't have Steve Purcell, so there is at least that.
    This statement has much truth. All would be wise to believe in it.