Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 115125127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,284 of 1284

Thread: Avengers!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Whatever, I liked it. And now I can be like, "I know his real name!"

That's the thing - I didn't. By all rights I should have been reading comics, watching Star Wars, playing D&D, etc. I got a late start on those last two but I still can't pick up a comic and read it. Maybe in another ten years, much to my (then) wife's dismay.
    I think he was implying you didn't realize what it meant BECAUSE you didn't read enough comics in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    It was decent. I thought the first Avengers was markedly better though.
    Hawkeye was pretty solid in this movie. His "none of this makes any sense" line was pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

When do the transformers show up? Or gijoe? Or spiderman? Or the xmen?

3. Spiderman might show up in the next Captain America (filming now).

4. He will show up in the next Cap, that's his intro to the proper universe.

And I just got back from my second showing of this. Now that I knew what to expect I was able to soak more of it in. Hawkeye is brilliant in this. The people bitching about Black Widow need to get over themselves. Vision is the only thing that feels tacked on to me, and even then it's just because they left the intro too late in the movie.