Page 33 of 129 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers!

1. The reboot was completely for Superman. He's so very much the heart of DC that having to reboot him meant having to go back and change everything. Could they have changed just him? Yes. Is it easier to retcon everything all at once rather than have to do it bit by bit? I'd say so.

2. Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Whoa. I had to stop watching that. Way to spoil a fight jerk.

4. If you live near a major city you can enter to win screening passes at this link. My city is not on the list, but I wanted to share anyhow.

5. I went on Amazon where they had a deal to buy some DVDs from the list and get $12 back to get a ticket to the movie. I just bought the $12 set for the new Avengers cartoon.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. Just watched this last night here in Australia where it just opened. It's quite good and very impressive for Joss Whedon as I find his scripts poorly written in previous works like firefly. Really enjoyed how well done the interactions between the characters are depicted especially the battle sequences which are interweaved on multiple levels. Also surprised at how well Hulk was done. Looking forward to Avengers 2!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    I find his scripts poorly written in previous works like firefly.
    I'll never take anything else you say seriously ever again.

8. Ever.

9. ....ever.

10. Firefly was pretty great but all of Whedon's other works that I've seen have been okay at best. He's generally terrible at integrating story and pacing it but good at character writing.