Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 112122124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1284

Thread: Avengers!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Saw this today. Not bad especially with all the characters they jammed in here. Also I hate everything about Vision.

Ultron was a terrific villain.
    What didn't you like about the Vision?

He seemed fairly close to the comics besides the whole Jarvis connection.

2. I mean he sucks in the comics, so it's not a stretch that he sucks here. I liked him in the movie, but only just --the Jarvis connection saved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I mean he sucks in the comics, so it's not a stretch that he sucks here. I liked him in the movie, but only just --the Jarvis connection saved it.
    Honestly, I kind of felt the same way. The fact that Jarvis was playing him was the only saving grace.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I'm sorta wondering how many movies it's going to take all this to spin down into being the 1990s Avengers, aka Total Shit.

Sersi and Wonder Man get announced as cast and it's time to leave.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'm sorta wondering how many movies it's going to take all this to spin down into being the 1990s Avengers, aka Total Shit.
    Avengers 3 with Thanos would be a good ending to all this, so I'm imagining everything after that will fall under that label. The consistency on the movies already out is halfway there.

6. Honestly jarvis was way cooler than vision.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. Ya something about it being an AI made it endearing. I thought the whole Vision birth was unnecessary. He really didn't even play a huge role in the end game.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    What didn't you like about the Vision?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    He really didn't even play a huge role in the end game.
    He was just another body, basically, even though - and I'm going by what was presented on screen via exposition, no comic background - he felt like he should have been so much more.

I was personally hoping that Ultron had set up the whole Jarvis/launch code thing as a backup in case he was stopped (which, of course, he was), and that The Vision is a program that will eventually "flip the switch" to a bad guy. If that's the case, don't tell me.

9. I saw this yesterday and came away with this: Tony Stark is a fucking problem! How much shit is his fault now? Five major events because he's a colossal asshole? Two of which were planet ending conflicts. Tell that guy to retire and not touch anything.

It was a weird movie overall. Had its fair share of cool moments, but it lumbers around a lot. There's so many characters and it was so fast paced (with many obvious major edits) that it's all over the place. More robot swarm fights and convenient outs to make it to the end that much of it felt rehashed.

10. Joss Whedon directs like Kevin Smith, he just sets up a camera. The dialog scenes were incredibly flat.

The effects scenes were nice, but those weren't really his doing.