Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 114124126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1284

Thread: Avengers!

1. Speed Racer's visuals are amazing. You have to get through Christina Ricci bein' a cutie and John Goodman doopin' it up to get to some of them, but if you're in the right mood for it, it's a hell of a rewarding movie.

Watch it on a BluRay with a bassy sound system on a big TV, you'll be happy you did! It's one of a growing number of movies that streaming can't do justice to at all. (This also applies to Redline, which is basically Speed Racer 2 if you want to jump mediums.)

The script ain't all that (and the folks who hate it will bitch about that first and loudest because they Missed The Point), if you value visual storytelling it rules pretty hard.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 19 May 2015 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Wait, are Mad Max and Speed Racer part of the Marvel universe? Or are people just throwing in extra movies?

3. You never read 80s X-men comics? The world thought the X-men were dead but they were just hiding out in Australia and helping Max find go juice.

4. I'd put GotG above this because it has things like flow and breathing space. Avengers 2 is fun but is a complete clusterfuck of ideas and characters all crammed into a box that's way too small. It almost feel more like a recap episode than its own movie.

5. HEY CAL: You can pretend MM is a "Ravage 2099" movie if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I'd put GotG above this because it has things like flow and breathing space. Avengers 2 is fun but is a complete clusterfuck of ideas and characters all crammed into a box that's way too small. It almost feel more like a recap episode than its own movie.
    Agree.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by YellerDog; 20 May 2015 at 11:31 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You never read 80s X-men comics?
    I realize you're being silly but for reference of how ignorant I am about this stuff, here is a list of comics I've read:

- The Crow
    - Dark Knight Returns
    - Long Halloween
    - Origin

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    HEY CAL: You can pretend MM is a "Ravage 2099" movie if you want.
    No clue what that means.

7. You had a fairly worthy list until that last one. All but the last six words in my second sentence were true.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    No clue what that means.
    It means "you had better things to do in middle school than read Marvel comics".

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You had a fairly worthy list until that last one.
    Whatever, I liked it. And now I can be like, "I know his real name!"

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    It means "you had better things to do in middle school than read Marvel comics".
    That's the thing - I didn't. By all rights I should have been reading comics, watching Star Wars, playing D&D, etc. I got a late start on those last two but I still can't pick up a comic and read it. Maybe in another ten years, much to my (then) wife's dismay.

10. It was decent. I thought the first Avengers was markedly better though.