Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just who the hell do they think they are? V.2

1. Just who the hell do they think they are? V.2

The Used.

This new record of theirs is very good. Definitely not what I was expecting - and a rather big chance taking the 'strange' angle considering their last record sold like shit.
    Boo, Hiss.

I heard a song over the PA at a show I played recently. It was confusing.

Some of the best synth sounds I have ever heard.

assholes...

3. And where did they get that car?

Also, this is awesome coming from the person who messages teenagers on myspace about being emo fags. Well played icarus
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

4. What can I say? I like pop rock music and hate teenage hope.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. lol @ the Used. I heard their new single and thought "Well its an improvement. Atleast the drumming is pretty good, and the orchestrated stuff is fairly well written". Then I find out that OMG its a studio drummer and OMG they didn't write the orchestrated parts (ie the majority of the song). From what I've heard of the new album it's like they heard Refused and Blood Brothers and went "Wow lets try and do that, but make it overly dramatic and safe to appeal to kool kids!", through hundreds of thousands of dollars at their producer, and it still turned out shitty.

6. Is this thread to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I heard a song over the PA at a show I played recently. It was confusing.

Some of the best synth sounds I have ever heard.

assholes...
    Was it this guy, Dan Deacon?

I don't know where this guy came from, but he's a mad man on the synth. Pretty damn good album. I'll post this in the usual places for those interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Dan Deacon is the shit. Snake Mistakes FTW.

9. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    lol @ the Used. I heard their new single and thought "Well its an improvement. Atleast the drumming is pretty good, and the orchestrated stuff is fairly well written". Then I find out that OMG its a studio drummer and OMG they didn't write the orchestrated parts (ie the majority of the song). From what I've heard of the new album it's like they heard Refused and Blood Brothers and went "Wow lets try and do that, but make it overly dramatic and safe to appeal to kool kids!", through hundreds of thousands of dollars at their producer, and it still turned out shitty.
    If they hired a new singer they'd be great.

10. The Used just remind me of this song...

Last edited by Wildkat; 17 Jun 2007 at 09:30 PM.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin