Page 13 of 471 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Toy Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Anne Bonny View Post
    Ok, I know Im going to get so much grief for posting this but... One thing that I do in my spare time is restore old toys and resell them, namely My Little Ponies. Yeah, it doesnt get much girlier than that, but I make some great money on the side with it.
    If it makes you money, well, there's some worse shit you could be doing with your time.

posting on TNL is definitely one of them.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. I've got a Glo Worm. Want to go up to my room and talk about it?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 17 Jan 2008 at 03:01 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

HOLY SHIT!

those things were the jam!

I'm a sucker for nostalgia. It's a problem.
    On a 90's nostalgia note: Last night I found Jurassic Park walkie-talkies in my garage. Only one of them works, but I still can't bring myself to throw them out.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 17 Jan 2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. "90s nostalgia"

I read stuff like that and die a little inside.

IBTN

Yeah, I originally wrote 80's but realized Jurassic Park was '93.

Face it, you fuckers that are 8+ years older than me are getting old.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    How the fuck do you restore a My Little Pony?! Wasn't it just one big chunk of hollow plastic?? What do you do? You sew the hair back in?!
    Well, yeah, sometimes. I try to keep as much of the original body and hair as I can, but sometimes they need "transplants." So I wash them, touch up the paint if I need to, and restyle their hair. It acutually looks pretty funny when Ive got like 10 ponies sitting on my kitchen counter wearing curlers made of straws.

I havent sold any high value ones for a few months because of the holidays and stuff, but here's a sample of a pony I sold recently on ebay...

9. By the way, if anybody missed those GI Joe or Cobra sets with the sound-chip song clips, those are like $5 now at Target.

Not my bag, but if that's what you're into, rock out.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have a whole box full of "action figures" that I just don't know what the fuck to do with.
    I stopped buying action figures when I had the realization that they were just plastic art pieces.

Not that I think I'm any better for wasting money on music gear or books about random shit. But hopefully I can do something with that stuff other than look at it.