Page 15 of 471 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Toy Thread

1. Heh, lots of fun memories there. My sister and I used to watch Ultraman: Towards the Future in the early 90s, and I had the Ultraman and Majaba figures when I was in first grade. Funny how the Australian TV series everyone seems to have forgotten was what got me hooked on Ultraman, heh.

Man, I really loved small toys that were parts of huge collections. I was a sucker for Zbots and Savage Mondo Blitzers, the latter I haven't even thought about in years. I should try to dig them out of the basement the next time I'm in PA.

I was upset that there was no Battle Beasts revival. There are apparently new Monster in My Pocket toys, but I can't say I'd really look.

Also: am I the only one who'd dig a new line of Sectaurs?

Batman looks happy.

3. That's because he's the goddamn Batman.

Thats a good enough reason for me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    For most of the day I've been repacking old toys into new, better boxes for storage. Eventually I'm going to dig them out and shoot photos of those that don't seem to have much info on the web, but see if you remember some of these '80s/'90s toys:

Dungeons & Dragons
    Awesome! Ringlerun and Warduke FTMFW. I loved how Warduke looked on his horse. Great stuff.

MASK
    Loved these too. I had the motorcycle that turned into a helicopter, the semi truck, and the car with the door wings.

MUSCLE
    I had a shitload of these little fuckers. They used to be everywhere around my house. My mom used to find them behind everything.

6. Is there a modern day M.U.S.C.L.E. equivalent? If not, why the hell not. Even if they just did it with mini Pokemon figures, that would be huge.

7. I loved M.A.S.K.
    I had almost all of the four series of toys. My favorite was the Raven (Black Corvette), which I took with me to my grandfather's funeral and left it at the funeral home.
    I still miss that car (can hardly remember what my grandfather looked like though).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Is there a modern day M.U.S.C.L.E. equivalent? If not, why the hell not. Even if they just did it with mini Pokemon figures, that would be huge.
    They still make Kinnikuman toys here. Including toys similar to those litlle ones that were released in the US.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I found The Demon, Etrigan from the DC Universe Classics line tonight (alas, no Batman)... unless Mattel has some kind of patent on it, Hasbro and Marvel need to steal the hip joint from these figures. It's this crazy compound straight cut/t-joint, that combines the poseability of ball hips with the aesthetic superiority of a t-crotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    They still make Kinnikuman toys here. Including toys similar to those litlle ones that were released in the US.
    When Ultimate MUSCLE started airing on FOX Kids, they imported those over once again for the first season. But its been awhile since I've seen a classic mini-figures.

Gamestop is taking pre-orders for McFarlane Halo 3 Master Chief and the GS Exclusive Steel Spartan. I made sure to plunk down the full money so I'll get one. I have a pre-order with BBTS to get the main 8 (7 figures + White Spartan exclusive to Specialty stores). If the Spawn.com shop picks me to for their exclusive Spartan for Series 1, then I'll only have the two Wal-Mart Exclusive Blue Spartans and whatever other Grunt color I need to track down. I think this was cheaper when Joyride was in-charge.