Page 23 of 471 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Toy Thread

1. I have a friend who is heavily HEAVILY into toy collecting. To the point where his three story house is jam packed with the shit. Literally there is two foot walk way through the rooms, his bed, and a small area on the kitchen table to eat on. Everything else is taken up by toys and boxes of toys. Carded figures completely cover all the walls, and he has hung clothes line across the ceilings to hang more shit from. It's almost pathetic, but it's fun to go over there from time to time to see shit that I had forgotten I had when I was young. He's been collecting since he was a kid, and must have over a million dollars worth of junk.

2. Do you ever go over there just to knock something off the wall and watch the reaction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. no, but you know how you make the sound of paper tearing by blowing with your lips closed? I did that with his original packaged Stormshadow.

4. Did he "flip a shit"?

5. Worse, he almost started to cry.

6. You should have actually ripped it open at that point. Valuable life lesson.

7. when he discovers that all the shit pushed into the far reaches of each room has molded or been eaten by rodents, then he'll have all the lesson he needs.

8. Mattel has revealed their SDCC exclusives. I really hope they offer these online too, like Hasbro does with theirs. (The He-Man lookalike King Grayskull is apparently the original He-Man, and a preview of a whole new line, this time purely collector-targeted.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Giganta-and-Giganta_01.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	34505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Giganta-and-Giganta_02.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	34506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grayskull-PR-photo.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	34507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lightning-McQueen.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	34508  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lobo-01.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	34509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lobo-02.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	34510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lobo-03.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	34511  

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Oh, and here's a rundown of further Mattel DC developments:
    2008 NYCC - Mattel and DC panel
    by James in DC Comics at 12:24 PM on 2008.04.19
    Add To: blinklist | del.cio.us | digg | yahoo! | furl | rawsugar | shadows | netvouz
    » Search Ebay

Scott Knightly lead a panel today at the 2008 New York Comic Con. He is the DC brand manager for Mattel. Other panelists included two of the Four Horsemen - Eric and Corn Boy, Michelle Rubin of DC and Julia Montoya of Mattel. Slides were shown of some upcoming DC products, but no photography was allowed.

Brown Manbat will be out in 2009.

DCUC - sculpted by the Four Horsemen

There will be 6 waves total in 2008.

Wave 4 will include - Cyborg, Batman Beyond, Captain Atom, Wonder Woman and very large looking badass named Ares. The BAF is Despero, who will include several accessories and stands at 8 1/2 inches. Variants will be Artemis and a gold Captain Atom.

There will be a bonus wave of DCUC, available exclusively at Walmart, but not to panic - it will be shipping throughout the year, so it should be easy to find. Mattel is trying to secure international shipping, so overseas collectors won't be left out. It will be available in the Fall.

The Walmart wave features Amazo, Atom, Riddler (in his business suit), Eradicator and Black Lightening (shaved head version). The BAF is Metallo.

Wave 6 will be available in late Fall. 3 characters were shown - Hawkman (who will have some wing articulation), Superman (in his black suit and hippy hair) and Mr. Miracle.

Coming this August the first wave of Toys R Us exclusive 2-packs will ship. Wave one has Batgirl and Azreal; Light Ray and Orion (with removable helmet).

There will be a DCUC San Diego Comic Con exclusive - Lobo and his Dog! Lobo will have weapons and chains. He will be 7 1/2 inches tall.

Infinite Heroes - Mattel's new 3 3/4 scale line

There will be 54 figures in all released in 2008, including both singles with chases, 2-packs, 6-packs and a TRU exclusive 8-pack.

The Singles Wave 1, due in August, has - Adam strange, Black Adam, Black Hand, Guy Gardner, Zoom, Atom (modern version) and Shazam.

The 3-Pack Wave 1 will be Commissoner Gordon and 2 SWAT agents; Flash, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard.

Dark Knight Movie figures -

There will be basic and deluxe figures in the 5 inch scale. The Movie Masters line will be in the 6 inch scale. The first 3, already shown at Toy Fair 2008 will be out before SDCC and the second 3 will be revealed at SDCC. The first three are Batman, with maskless chase, Joker and Henchman.

Justice League Unlimited

JLU will be a Target exclusive going forward, but Mattel is looking for international distribution for them. There will be 16 new characters, along with various repaints. The line will have singles, 3-packs and 6-packs.

Wave 1 of the singles will have Batman, Superman, Kilowag, Star Girl and Hawkman.

Wave 1 of the 3-packs are Superman, Huntress and Galacta; Green Lantern, Supergirl and Captain Atom.

Wave 1 of the 6-packs is rerelease of the Grodd pack with all new, show accurate paint decos. The set includes Flash, Red Hood, Grodd, Batman, Superman and Lex Luthor.

Wave 2 of the 6-packs is a set of Atomic Skull, Silver Banshee, KGBeast, The Key, Shadow Thief and Batman.

There will be a SDCC exclusive - Giganta! She will include a two up giant size as well as a regular sized version of Giganta. They will be available for $20 at the Mattel booth, which will be taking credit cards this summer.

DC Super Friends - Mattel's kid friendly PVC line

This will be out in June and will have Aquaman, Cyborg and Hawkman. There will also be a My First Batwing vehicle with Batman figure available.
    Once again, the DCUC figures look incredible in prototype form*, but I won't be getting too excited 'til I see some looking this good on the shelf.

*sorry about not attaching pics, that site embeds them in a flash player so you can't save or link to them

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Wow Azreal looks freaking awesome.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.