Page 465 of 471 FirstFirst ... 451461463464465466467469 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 4703

Thread: Official Toy Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I was in Walmart the other day and I just can't wrap my head around the price of Legos. When I was growing up in Germany I used to have a lot of these but seeing the prices for these sets is insane. I can't justify shelling around $150.00 to almost $200.00 for this shit.
    BK if you're interested in cheaper Lego sets I cannot recommend Lepin brand enough. For Xmas my wife bought me the Hogwarts Castle set (Magical Wolrd) and the Star Wars Super Star Destroyer set (Star Plan), and both were totally legit. Over 10k pieces between the two sets and the only difference between them and the official Lego bricks are that each raised circle on each piece isn't imprinted with the word Lego. Also the price is usually half of the Lego version, and the only reason I got two big sets at once.

Both came with normal instructions and sealed bags of pieces, but the SSD was a little different. That set came with something like 70-80 bags of pieces, but they were not labeled and the instructions didn't specify "open these bags to build this section" *Hogwarts DID have this, and was easier to build because of that*. So I basically made a couple cardboard boxes into mini storage bins and put the pieces in the various slots to help keep them separated but available while building, which increased the time spent looking for pieces but in the end it was much better than dumping it all on a table and trying to find the 5 pieces I needed for this step, then the 16 for the next step etc etc. Hogwarts took about 15 hours I'd say and the SSD around 10, they are sturdy as fuck and weren't missing any pieces whatsoever. If you check my Instagram (LookItsPineapple) you can see a whole bunch of pictures of both of sets (not trying to pimp my page, it's just way easier than trying to resize all the photos to fit on TNL). There's also pictures of several toys I've bought on there, like the recent Bloodborne and Dark Souls figures. I also post all the art I do there, again because it's easy.

I know they were purchased through the Wish app if you're interested. You could still easily spend that $150-200, but you'll get a shit ton more AlmostLego, as I like to call them.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Fucking fuck. For a second we managed to steer this thread away from Transformers shit.
    Sorry, I shouldn't have. We hardly get to talk about NECA figures.

You can talk whenever you want, it's not like there are more than like five people here.

4. Dole was a Gobots guy, he's still bitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Cy-Kill was misunderstood.

I had one of those oversized Cy-kill toys when I was a kid, it was pretty dope.

7. I had the tank, it was a quality tank. Fucking thing was like 6 lbs of metal with removable treads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Overall, the large gobots were pretty legit. Only real issue was the cars reused the same transformation a lot with the center of the car being a dome head or some shit.

Now that I think about it, the whole line was bad to reuse the same transformation. Car doors were always arms, etc.

9. There's some weird licensing thing where Hasbro now has the rights to the characters from Tonka, but Bandai still owns the mechanical designs, so they can use Gobots in the Transformers universe, but they can't make reproductions of the toys.

10. Cool trivia: Tonka had the chance to buy the rights to what were the Transformers in Japan but decided to pass because they had Go-Bots.