Page 4 of 471 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Toy Thread

1. While alternators are amazing, most of the Diaclone transformers(cars) were really nice(Sideswipe in particular) and diecast. It's when they started making plastic formers the aestethic changed.

And dinoriders plz

2. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I was thinking about getting this. You put it together, and then the metal ball travels along the tracks, doing loop-de-loops and stuff. Seemed neat to me. Anyone try one? I'm a little worried it'll be too confusing to construct...
    This looks like one of those things that'd be really fun to give as a gift to a cousin or other young family member and help them set up. Sadly, nobody I know fits the bill anymore. As much as I hate to say it, all my young family members became infinitely less fun to be around since they discovered portable video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigana View Post
    And dinoriders plz
    Uh, yes. The Christmas that I got the t-rex was maybe the best thing ever. They were probably my most played-with childhood toys, but least talked about. Kind of strange. I've sold off a lot of my childhood toys on eBay to make a killing (over $90 for one Thundercats figure I had played with a great deal?!) but I still haven't been able to part with these yet. The sentimental value is crushing. D:

3. What do you know, my parents were cheapass and I never had nice toys. I am taking my comments back about GI Joe.

4. I had way too many toys as a kid. You name it, I probably had something from it (except the Snorks... maybe). As far as I'm concerned, the toys that were far and away the most awesome to actually play with were the Starcom figures. Little magnets in their feet meant they could be stuck anywhere, and their vehicles could transform and had hidden weapons all over. They were so fucking cool, yet I had never heard of nor watched the show. No clue what ever happened to the few I had.

I also had a blast melting G.I. Joe figures to things, and had one character that got tossed into the air by a friend of mine which accidentally landed on the stone patio and shattered. After gathering him back up I found that it was just the connection piece in the middle of his chest that snapped, and he could actually be put back together. What was great was that if you then pried on part of his shoulder he'd explode again, which meant he was always the default guy that shot by rockets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starcomupdate09232006004.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	24812  

5. Starcom is still my favorite toyline of all time from when I was a kid.

I have a ton of them all in really good condition too.

What makes gijoe beat out starwars, he-man, and transformers as far as I'm concerned is articulation.

Especially starwars figs. I need movement when I am laying down my kungfu beat downs, and a straight armed, straight legged lando is just not able to bust out the level of toy action choreography that I needed!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tigana View Post
    And dinoriders plz
    Wow, you just ruined my childhood. I remember loving Dinoriders and thinking they were so awesome......HOW WRONG I WAS! Those things look fucking stupid.

You should have really said M.A.S.K pls.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. M.A.S.K. vehicles > GI Joe vehicles, fo shizzle.

Also, M.U.S.C.L.E. Men ruled. I still have about a dozen.

8. My friend Super Jaxxon collects M.A.S.K. vehicles. I wasn't too impressed but the pictures seem to suggest otherwise. Anyone remember Castles & Catapults?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	750f_1.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	24814  

9. Or how about Crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. Oh shitz MASK!! I remember the R2-D2 knockoff that turned into a scooter for the leader's son or whoever that kid was supposed to be... that was actually one of my favorite toys back then. God, what was wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids