Page 467 of 471 FirstFirst ... 453463465466467468469 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 4703

Thread: Official Toy Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Looks cool, where did you get yours?
    Local store.

2. So I knew all the Targets and Walmarts near me would be ransacked 'cause it's Triple Force Friday or whatever the fuck it's called, so I didn't even bother looking. But I wanted that new figure from the Mandalorian Disney+ show, so I stopped by my local Barnes & Noble on the way home and their Star Wars display wasn't even touched...guess no one thought to look there. Sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Picked up the new McFarlane Doom Slayer as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. For all the shit they got for it, I'm gonna say that McFarlane's "barely-articulated statue" era produced vastly cooler-looking figures than its "hey now we have the joints and posability everyone said they wanted" one.

5. Overall, the articulation on the Doom Slayer figure looks pretty good. Well, except maybe for those elbows, that is. But whatever, I've wanted to Doom figure for decades now.

6. I'm not really talking about joint visibility, more that their figures looked a lot more dynamic when they were sculpted for that one perfect pose, even if it was to the exception of all else.

21 points of articulation you can play around with is cool and all, but every other figure maker on the market is doing that. It was kinda nice to have one company in their own "inexpensive little statues" sub-niche.

7. I guess they got tired of all their shit peg-warming like mad. Toy nerds today want tons of articulation in their figures so they can pose them once on their shelf and then never, ever touch them ever again.

Seriously, though, someone on Toyark recently posted a quote from Todd McFarlane stating that he hates articulation in his figures and doesn't want to do it, so obviously sales must be an issue if he's giving in.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I'm not really talking about joint visibility, more that their figures looked a lot more dynamic when they were sculpted for that one perfect pose, even if it was to the exception of all else.

21 points of articulation you can play around with is cool and all, but every other figure maker on the market is doing that. It was kinda nice to have one plushies company in their own "inexpensive little statues" sub-niche.
    Thanks for sharing your views!

9. McFarlane has made some great stuff over the years. It’s a shame they got into a bunch of garbage licenses that collectors don’t give a shit about. The Sports figures are crazy over priced now. $29.99 but with some in-game bullshit...... lame.
    The Metal Gear series years ago was amazing.

10. The Metal Gear figures were really ahead of their time.