Page 459 of 471 FirstFirst ... 445455457458459460461463 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 4703

Thread: Official Toy Thread

I would like for it to be animated.

Look how many more words that took.

2. Cuphead is in the style of Popeye, numbnuts.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

I'll strangle both of you.

4. So not like Game and Watch Popeye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I was talking about the presentation of the game, not which and what art design to use. Just saying it was a beatemup wouldn't say anything about how I wanted it to be rendered. Most beatemups use sprites. Later ones used polygons. Cuphead is the only sidescroller with any popularity that I can remember that uses full animation to present the game to the viewer. I was saying I wanted it fully animated. It using E. C. Segar's style should have been obvious.

Why is that where your minds go? As if I wanted it to look like something Hayao Miyazaki would do instead? I'm talking game design choices and you're both getting pissy assuming I was talking about art direction.

6. Well now there's a new fun thing. E.C. Segar's Popeye is very different from Fleischer Popeye.

7. I guess you should have used the words game design instead of the word style then magoo.

Maybe we’re the dumb ones since we all took your meaning the wrong way. But since you’re the outlier, you’re the problem not us.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 07 Apr 2018 at 09:30 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    https://hlj.com/product/mez55334

Man, Popeye looks like he could help Haggar clean up new york
    I don't have much interest in a realistic Popeye, but hot damn did they nail the concept. That's a killer sculpting job, hats off to the people responsible.

Plus Mezco already did some great animated Popeye figures, what, like 15 years ago? I love the hell out of the B&W set of those I got from an FAO Schwarz that was going out of business way back when, that's one of the crown jewels of my collection.

(Wait, Mezco's still around?)
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 07 Apr 2018 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I guess you should have used the words game design instead of the word style then magoo.

Maybe we’re the dumb ones since we all took your meaning the wrong way. But since you’re the outlier, you’re the problem not us.
    If you're the dumb ones, I'm not the problem.

10. There it is!