Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATTN Gundam freaks: opinions on Gundam 0083

1. What's wrong with 0080????

2. Originally posted by Atariguy
    What's wrong with 0080????
    I'll assume you haven't seen it then. The thing I don't like about 0083 is that halfway through the series suddenly *SPOILERS*

Suddenly Nina Purpleton had a relationship with Aneval Gato, yet she made no reactions when she heard that it was him who stole the Gundam Unit 2?! She didn't twitch or try to hide anything, she seriously just didn't have that relationship until halfway through the series. Like they suddenly felt like adding a love quarrell at the last minute! *Spoilers end*

That's why I don't like it that much. Just go get 08th MS Team.

3. Originally posted by Station
    Just go get 08th MS Team.
    Best Gundam series I've ever seen. Sucks that CN didn't broadcast the last episode(#12).

4. Originally posted by Freeter

Best Gundam series I've ever seen. Sucks that CN didn't broadcast the last episode(#12).
    Its the only Gundam series I own all of on DVD. I may get 0083 next, just because the Zeon are cool in it.

5. Cool, thanks for all the opinions, guys. So what was cut from 0083 on adult swim? Story stuff or violence/adult stuff?

On another note, I downloaded and watched the Japanese intro for 0079 and it's terrible! lol Sounds like weird, fruity preschooler music. Doesn't fit the tone of Gundam at all.

I've seen a few eps of 0079 and it's great of course.

6. I'm not sure what CN cut out cause I rent all my stuff, I never watch TV. I'd guess the cursing and a little blood. Actually, I saw an episode where Mancha was getting slapped by the chief engineer chick and I noticed that they changed the script to say instead of "I'll be sure to tell him to slap your ass next time too." It was changed to "I'll be sure to tell him to harass you next time too" so I guess little things like that were changed. I can't believe they change stuff like that on the Adult Swim. Ha! How can they put that warning about adult stuff before the anime, but cut out so much?! Its freaking stupid.

7. See 0080 First, friend...

As a UC Gundam fan, I'd recommend starting with 0080: War in the Pocket. It's a beautifully eloquent self-contained story that stands as an excellent side story in the UC Gudam Universe, but captures the themes and essence of what Gundam all about -- perfectly.

After 0080, I'd recommend taking a weekend off, picking up 0079, and watching it from Beginning to end. You'll be introduced to one of the greatest charater dramas since Professor X vs. Magneto; Char and Amuro. You think Spike and Vicious from Cowboy Bebop had deep hatreds, you'll see where the creators of Bebop got their inspiration.

If you finish the movies (and I assure you that it will be difficult do to the old animation), go to a local import store and get Zeta Gundam. Finish it--I won't spoil why. Then, finally, you're ready for Gundam: Char's Counter Attack.

There will be no more need for *any* more Gundam after that. Even, I daresay, 0083 (overhyped), or 8th MS (redundant).

---Shola Akinnuso
    http://www.popcultureshock.com