Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar Scales

1. Guitar Scales

For those that play guitar on TNL, do you happen to have any guitar scales that you normally use whenever practicing guitar? I only have a couple and I've been using them for so long they've grown stale. I'd like to experiment with others.

So please, show me the scales you prefer when practicing guitar.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I'd like to experiment with others.

So please, show me the scales you prefer when practicing guitar.
    Do more drugs - you always hear more than what's really there....
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

4. Free pls.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    IAWTP.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. I've found the best way to do this but still keep your own style is this, draw a mock up of the neck from frets 1-12. After you do that write out on the frets and strings the notes in a given key. After that is done you can look at it like a guitar neck and pick and choose what notes you put into your own custom made scales.

I think this works really well because a pattern that is easy for one isn't always easy for another. It also means you aren't playing the same boring patterns that everyone else is and you can make them kind of your own.

Try it with the key of C Major/A minor since there are no sharps or flats. It might help you to just draw a dot on the correct spots instead of the note name so it is easier to work with later. If I had better computer skills I would draw it up and post it here but I'm just not skilled enough for that. I hope this helps.

7. I always pick licks that I like from my favorite guitarists and play them tirelessly until I can do it right. I never fucked with straight theory because if you learn to play without soul, you'll never be able to. You should still try to understand what you are doing in regards to music theory, but take the time to learn your favorite licks and solos and you'll become an imalgum of all those guitarists.

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Or at least you, like, think you do, man...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo View Post
    Or at least you, like, think you do, man...

LOL... like getting inside my own head. My own mind is defeating me!
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

10. I don't know a single scale, note, or chord name and I've been playing for 12 years. Theory stuff isn't necessary if you don't care about it.
    Boo, Hiss.