Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lordi

1. Thumbs Up Lordi

I don't know how many of you have heard of this band but I'm digging them. I just heard about them a few weeks ago (I actually first saw their pic in RS and thought they looked like a second coming of Gwar). Anyway, they are from Finland and are getting ready to go out on Ozzfest. Their music reminds me a lot of 80s horror films but you be the judge. Here's a video for "Who's Your Daddy?" which is one of my fave videos of theirs. There are others on youtube but didn't want to put too many in this post.

They were on Eurovision last year which is similar to American Idol except that it's country vs country. Surprisingly, they won. Here's one of their performances. It's called "Hard Rock Hallelujah" which also has a great video.

What I find intersting is they sing in English and the announcers speak Finnish. Anyone I certainly give them credit to not only play in those costumes but to put themselves thru an entire set.

One other thing I forgot to mention is they actually have a movie coming out as well. It's called Dark Floors and is about the band (it's not a documentary mind you but about their fictitious background as being from another planet, or something like that). Here's the teaser poster.

2. Did Rob Zombie have anything to do with this band? It looks like one of his side projects.

I'm waiting for "The Amory Wars" by Coheed and Cambria to come out on the big screen (one of these days). That shit would be hot. Get the director of Sin City and 300 on it, maybe Peter Jackson - turn it into the next "epic" sci-fi film after Star Wars.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

3. No he had nothing to do w/them. I believe all the members are from Finland.

4. Shit dude, you're right. These guys are the Finnish GWAR. Which can only be a good thing to me.

5. These guys definitely know how to put on a spectacle....
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Dude... did he say Arockalypse?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    They were on Eurovision last year which is similar to American Idol except that it's country vs country.
    A lot of people voted for them in protest of the shittiest event known to man probably. When I was in Finland last time they had their own soda's and shit in the supermarket, outside of the world cup gold in hockey I think this is about the only thing they have to celebrate.

8. I don't know. Gwar rocked in addition to their flamboyant stage show. This band just has a show and a kind of shitty one at that.

9. The music is pretty terrible.

10. Strangely enough, I've known about this band for a long time. They still suck.
    Boo, Hiss.