Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu Yu Hakusho

1. Yu Yu Hakusho

Anyways I finally got around to seeing the finale to this show, and a superb show that it is. IT's nice to have a shonen series like that which is under 30000000 episodes. Apparently it's very easy to procure the series now which I would suggest anyone do, what is it like $20 for 14 episode disks?

Opaque or someone would have to chime in on that I forgot. Anyways I'm sure most people here know about the series, but I figured at the cheap rate, it's worth picking up for people and a threat would be appropriate.

2. This is the only shounen type show where I liked the arcs more and more as they went on, not the other way around. They always made it seem interesting and posed a realistic challenge to the main characters without having to resort to DBZ tactics.

Case in point, the whole arc involving Sensui and his cronies that can use "territories." They suck as fighters, but their abilities give them a kind of advantage that's different from the Dark Tournament.

Also, without Kuwabara, the show would have become awfully grating, with not one, but TWO strong-yet-silent and somehow tortured inside lead characters.

3. This is also one of my favorite voice acted show's around. Even Kuwabara's gritty voice is not bad, it's actually a unique flavour that I really enjoyed in the show.

Also 50% of the cast in this show do voices in Fruits basket (Which I just read the manga for and god damn one of my favorite mangas)

Haru = Yuske
    Momiji = The little monkey boy who's name I forget (Rin?)
    Hiro = Yomi's son.
    Shigure = Kurama
    Tohru = Keiko

There's more but they didn't catch me outright when I was finishing the series yesterday.

Honestly Yuske's voice actor is one of my favorite anime voice actor's.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    He's also the localization director for FuniMation (and this show) and a huge fan of Yu Yu Hakusho himself.

5. Hah, awesome.

6. I haven't watched this show in years since the Dark Tournament ended but damn was it a good show.

7. It only gets better.

8. Eh, I liked the Dark Tournament arc best myself, although I've never seen the last arc. No Kuwabara? Why bother?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    This is also one of my favorite voice acted show's around. Even Kuwabara's gritty voice is not bad, it's actually a unique flavour that I really enjoyed in the show.

Also 50% of the cast in this show do voices in Fruits basket (Which I just read the manga for and god damn one of my favorite mangas)

Haru = Yuske
    Momiji = The little monkey boy who's name I forget (Rin?)
    Hiro = Yomi's son.
    Shigure = Kurama
    Tohru = Keiko

There's more but they didn't catch me outright when I was finishing the series yesterday.

I think Kuwabara's voice sucks ass in the dub...

10. It's different, yeah it can be irritating but people in real life are irritating. But he's still a good voice actor in the sense of he portrays things correctly etc.

I can certainly see why someone would hate it.