Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America

1. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    The thing about Cap is that he's an old-school, unabashed patriot that has no cynicism regarding his patriotism.
    Right so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    Most of this comes from his missing Vietnam and all the social upheaval of the 60s/70s.
    ...but this, not so much. Cap was thawed out in 1964, just in time for all that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    Who embodies this in today's Hollywood?
    Good question. But does whoever they choose really need to be that sort of perfect patriot, or is it enough that he be able to convincingly play one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Fair enough about him being thawed pre-Nam.

I'm not saying the actor who plays him needs to be a flag-waver. I'm just wondering who, in today's world, can play a flag-waving super-hero from 1942 with balls of steel who doesn't mind kicking commie-nazi ass and making no apologies for calling his secretary "girl" and drinking 5 Gibson martinis before getting behind the wheel of his Studebaker while going over to his mistress' place for some hitherto unknown "oral" sex.

The guy's a throwback. Who's enough of a throwback in today's Hollywood to be Cap?
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

3. It'll never happen but I'd love to see Adam Baldwin as Cap.

Last edited by Timber; 11 May 2008 at 08:16 AM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Wait, that guy's a Baldwin too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

5. I don't think he's related to all the other Baldwins.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. Lucky him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

7. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    Fair enough about him being thawed pre-Nam.

I'm not saying the actor who plays him needs to be a flag-waver. I'm just wondering who, in today's world, can play a flag-waving super-hero from 1942 with balls of steel who doesn't mind kicking commie-nazi ass and making no apologies for calling his secretary "girl" and drinking 5 Gibson martinis before getting behind the wheel of his Studebaker while going over to his mistress' place for some hitherto unknown "oral" sex.

The guy's a throwback. Who's enough of a throwback in today's Hollywood to be Cap?

8. i see nothing wrong with matthew mconahey being casted as captain america.

kate hudson better be his love interest.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I'd like to see Brad Pitt in the role.

10. I was kinda joking when I went looking for that picture, but based on the qualifications needed as outlined by Meach, and that picture, I think he would do a pretty good job. I mean ya sure we haven't exactly seen him as an asskicker, but I think he could do throwback pretty well. And I think he's got the look down pat. Hell I can pretty much see the mask on him already.