Page 1 of 57 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America

1. Captain America

Could have sworn there was already a thread for this, but the search didn't turn anything up. Anyway, here's some interesting news from IGN:
    Captain America is Coming
    Film may see a 2009 release.
    by IGN Staff

June 14, 2007 - IGN recently visited the set of the Iron Man movie where we talked with Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production. Feige, as you might expect, knows everything that's going on at the studio regarding bringing their classic comic characters to the big screen. One movie project that's been rumored for years, but has never gotten off the ground is Captain America. Feige says that's about to change.

"I have a writer on Captain America right now," Feige says. "I'm hoping to get a director on that very soon, to get that into the pipeline in the next year or so. David Self is writing Captain America."

How will the studio approach the patriotic angle given the current political climate, and global anti-American sentiments?

"I certainly think we'll have to play with that. Play with Captain America being this patriotic propaganda machine on one hand, but being a very human Steve Rogers, interesting, fascinating hero in his own right," Feige says. "The good news is Marvel is perceived pretty well around the world right now, and I think putting another uber-Marvel hero into the worldwide box office would be a good thing. The script David Self is writing [and] the director that we end up hiring... we certainly are going into it with our eyes open that these are all things that we have to deal with much the same way that Captain America, when thawed from the Arctic ice entered a world that he didn't recognize, and had to sort of deal with the changes, whether it was when Stan [Lee] did it in the '60s and that world Steve Rogers was coming into, or the world of 2009."

Don't expect the film to be completely set in the present day, however. Feige confirmed that much of the movie will take place in the past. He says, "Right now what we're developing would be about half and half, I'd say."
    Oh fuck yes. WWII FTW.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 08 May 2008 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. I want to see some nazi's get sheilded.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Red Skull, yo.

5. Hope he uses the carjacking technique presented in the 1990 flick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA-Movie.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	24825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captain America - Carjacker.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	24826  

6. Good news that there will be some WWII action.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    Could have sworn there was already a thread for this, but the search didn't turn anything up.
    There WAS an official thread for this, but I can't find the fucker either. I really think the search function here is totally broken.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 21 Jun 2007 at 10:45 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. OMG ... teh ... you know.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. Uh oh.
    McConaughey rumored as 'Captain America'
    [Email this story to a friend] send [Print this story] print
    submitted by: Antonello Blueberry
    link to full story at cinemablend.com cinemablend.com
    May 7, 2008 - 2972 reads

CinemaBlend.com is running with an unsourced rumor that actor Matthew McConaughey is in the running for the lead role in 'Captain America', which was recently announced among Marvel's 2011 release plans.

The carefully worded rumor states that McConaughey "may be one of Marvel's leading candidates," which leaves plenty of outs should the casting never materialize.

9. What's wrong with McConaughey? He kinda looks like Steve Rogers. And remember how jacked he was in Reign of Fire? If he can get back in that shape, maybe even bigger, he'll be fine.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Cap isn't an affable slacker with a southern drawl.