Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Files movie sequel

1. X-Files movie sequel

From IGN:
    New X-Files Movie Next Summer?
    David Duchovny says the long-awaited film could hit theaters in 2008.
    by Eric Goldman

July 14, 2007 - At the TCA (Television Press Tour) today, David Duchovny was in attendance to promote his new Showtime series Californication. During the event he was asked about the often speculated about second X-Files movie. Duchovny said that it was indeed going forward, and added that "Gillian [Anderson] is onboard."

After the event, I was among a smaller group of journalists who spoke to the actor further, and Duchovny was asked why he felt so confidant the movie was happening this time, after years of rumors about different scripts. Duchovny answered that the reason he was sure about this script was because "I'm actually supposed to see it next week! Before I would just say that [there was a movie] because they told me, but now, after talking to Chris [Carter] -- he's been giving me progress reports -- and he actually called yesterday, and said 'Next week, you should have something to read.'"

Asked to confirm earlier reports that the movie would be a standalone story, and not part of the larger mythology arc of the series, he replied "It should be. It should be a one-off, yeah."

I then asked Duchovny what the schedule for the film might be, in terms of both shooting it and releasing it, and he said "I think it was November, for a summer release." When asked if that would be summer 2008, the actor nodded.

Duchovny said he was looking forward to playing Fox Mulder again, and when asked why, answered, "Because he's cool! It's a great show and I love playing the character and I like the people."
    I'll believe it when I see it. Chris Carter finally having a script he believes in is a big positive sign, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I never saw the last like, 3 years of the X-Files. (actually, I think I quit watching about 4 episodes into whichever season was right after the movie). I thought Mulder was dead or something. Isn't that why Robert Patrick was on the show?

3. Yeah but Mulder came back for some unexplained reason and I guess he was trying to uncover something way deeper about his involvement.

4. I want to believe

5. Duchovny said he was looking forward to playing Fox Mulder again, and when asked why, answered, "Because my career took a sharp nose dive after I left the show thinking I was hot shit and I like money."
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Does anyone still care about the x-files anymore?
    I've heard next to nothing about it since the series ended, and I don't think I saw any x-files stuff at the sci-fi expo I went to last fall.

7. I'm down with Duchovny. He's a good actor.
    Boo, Hiss.

Are you serious?

Roaches, they're all over me.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. The truth is out there.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. This is rad! I liked the first one and was curious why they never came out with a sequel.

Also, I have Showtime and saw the preview for his new show Californiacation. I have one word to describe it; well two: Mucho Titties!!!!!
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill