Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1408

1. 1408

I caught this tonight because I was surprised by the amount of good reviews that were coming in for it. The trailer looked pretty bad but the movie turned out to be pretty entertaining. At times the movie is actually pretty effective in being scary, but most of the plot twists or scares are more clever than they are actually scary. I'm actually not sure, but I think that the hour that goes by in the movie occurs in roughly real time. Cusack holds the movie up pretty well considering he has 90% of the screen time, but the ending sort of ruins the question on whether he has simply had a massive mental breakdown or if the room is actually haunted (it was). It's not perfect but it's definitely better than your standard weekend horror fare.

2. Cool, I'm going to try and see this next week. Good to hear it's getting good reviews.

3. I was interested in this because I like Cusack and love Stephen King. Might have to catch it today.

4. Saw this today, it was awesome. John Cusack did a wonderful job and it was pretty scary. Love the twist toward the end and then came on strong. I highly recommend this and I usually hate horror movies.

5. Never heard of this one...

Could anybody give me a spoiler-free outline of what it's about?

6. A overly cynical and non-believing travel/horror writer with a seemingly melancholy past travels to New York to visit the suposedly haunted room 1408. Some 50 people have died in the room via suicide or natural deaths. The hotel manager tries to prevent him from staying, but he's determined. He goes into 1408 to stay for the night and things have only just begguuuunnnnnn.

7. sounds really interesting, with someone like Cusack in lead I'm surprised I didn't hear about this one. from what you guys are saying I may just have to go to the theater for the first time since Grindhouse.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    A overly cynical and non-believing travel/horror writer with a seemingly melancholy past travels to New York to visit the suposedly haunted room 1408. Some 50 people have died in the room via suicide or natural deaths. The hotel manager tries to prevent him from staying, but he's determined. He goes into 1408 to stay for the night and things have only just begguuuunnnnnn.
    Cheesy!

I'm in.

9. This actually does look really good. I usually don't want to see Horror movies because they are cheese and horribly written but this seems clever and smart.

.........I'll watch it for free onDemand.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    sounds really interesting, with someone like Cusack in lead I'm surprised I didn't hear about this one. from what you guys are saying I may just have to go to the theater for the first time since Grindhouse.
    My last movie at the theater was Grindhouse too. 1408 is totally worth it, the audience was into it too at my showing (kinda weird but whatever).