Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

1. News Radiohead

I didnt see a reigning Radiohead thread around here , but a friend sent me a few vid links of some Radiohead shows where they were playing some new stuff off of their upcoming ( I hope?) album. Sounds pretty good.

2. kinda boring imo.

the beginning of Down is The New Up had promise. Then it just repeated and fizzled into nothing.

3. I have live show bootlegs (audio) of all these songs.

They are certainly the most promising thing Radiohead have done since OK computer. That being said its wait and see to see if they overdo the weirdness factor on these tracks.

All I need and Nude are the most promising IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

4. I thought we all agreed that Radiohead jumped the shark after Kid A...?
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Yeah, but Hail to the Thief was good.

6. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Yeah, but Hail to the Thief was good.
    It would be a good album if it wasn't from the band that did OK Computer and Kid A. Since it is, that means its terribly mediocre.

7. that line of thinking is bullshit. Good music is good music, no matter who creates it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    that line of thinking is bullshit. Good music is good music, no matter who creates it.
    totally agree with this. i mean eventually a band is going to have their best album, and they are never going to top it. should they just break up then even though they are still capable of making good music?

9. I've never been able to get into Radiohead. Some of their early stuff is listenable, but meandering, forgettable melodies and balless falsetto make this nicely produced elevator music for me.

10. Man, tough crowd.

I like Radiohead but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to certain types of music.I like a lot and Radiohead falls into one of those listening categories at times.