Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Blocked!

1. TNL Blocked!

Gents, TNL is now being blocked today from the workplace via websense. Has something changed in the site listing or meta tags? If so anyway to switch it back?

2. Guys, it worked!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Guys, it worked!
    pwnt

4. Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    If so anyway to switch it back?
    When you first log in, go to Start, Run... then type in ↑↑↓↓←→←→ B A ENTER

That should do it.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 26 Jun 2007 at 05:54 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Condolences to all those effected. I spent many a day at a web-sense company blissfully browsing TNL. Current company doesn't block anything thankfully.

6. should be working at work anyway

7. Looking at data provided by Websense, I imagine one or more of the following categories were applied to the site:

Message Boards and Forums
    Sites that host message boards, bulletin boards, and other unaffiliated discussion forums.

Games
    Sites that provide information about or promote electronic games, video games, computer games, role-playing games, or online games. Includes sweepstakes and giveaways.

Hobbies
    Sites that provide information about or promote private and largely sedentary pastimes, but not electronic, video, or online games.

Sports
    Sites that provide information about or promote sports, active games, and recreation.

Racism and Hate
    Sites that promote the identification of racial groups, the denigration or subjection of groups, or the superiority of any group.

That last one's not a joke. I just last week replied to someone that apparently doesn't post here that is disturbed by what she perceives to be serious anti-Black hate speech. And my anti-women tirade in the "Wiggers" thread probably helped little. It doesn't matter what the intention is if the the person reading it has an underdeveloped sense of humor or the content is being filtered by a bot.

Try to access the GameFAQs forums and see if you can get in. Then try another well-know site that has foul language but is otherwise mainstream. Maybe someone here can suggest one?

8. It's sticking it under the category games, but it was working ok yesterday. Gamefaqs has never worked for me, or any of the other game sites, but TNL has been tried and true the past 5 years

we have had websense for around 4 years, I think they have it set up to play off the meta tags or site registration, thats why i was wondering if anything got modified on the site side.

also for some reason i was thinking this happened around a year an 1/2 ago as well, and someone changed a filter or something on TNL?

9. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Condolences to all those effected. I spent many a day at a web-sense company blissfully browsing TNL. Current company doesn't block anything thankfully.
    Same here. My new job uses FortGuard or something and right now, TNL is the only site I browse at home available at work thanks to the filters except my webmail.

I would seriously be annoyed if they figured out TNL was a valuable time sink. I wasn't at work today, but when I go in, I'll see if TNL is blocked. If it is, I'd say someone changed something that let it jump on the blocklists.

10. Oh cool, it wasn't just blocked at my company because I was browsing it a bunch.