Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 Most Memorable Film Moments

1. Dreamcast

to Blade Runner at No. 5. Although this scene is not in my personal Top 10, it is an under-recognized scene. It really is beautiful and is the perfect ending to a seminal sci-fi movie.

17: Platoon: Sergeant Elias staggers out of the jungle. This movie is 20 years old now and is getting less and less love as we get farther away from Vietnam (which is inevitable and I'm totally fine with it; how overrated do movies like Hamburger Hill, Forrest Gump, and even Full Metal Jacket seem today as we leave the boomer generation behind?). But it is still a tremendously moving, yet poignant, scene. Still get misty watching it.

26: Raiders Of The Lost Ark: Indiana shoots the swordsman. One reason I'm so glad to see this here is b/c it scenes like this (silly, funny scenes) are so rarely recognized by the Academy or even the Golden Globes. Yeah, I know those awards are supposed to look at whole films and aren't concerned with individual scenes. But they are also a little too full of themselves; as in, if something is funny, they seem to discount it. Comedy is hard to do. And Raiders of the Lost Ark is practically a perfect "Adventure" movie and that scene really captures the feel of Indy's character and the movie as a whole. I'm probably not making any sense here, but if Raiders is on cable and I'm close to that scene, I wait around for it. That's the best way I know of describing what constitutes a great scene.

35: Pulp Fiction: Vincent shoots Marvin. How is this possibly better than the uber-scene b/w Vince and Mrs. Marsellus Wallace at Jack-Rabbit Slim's? That is arguably Tarantino's best scene ever.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

2. I would like to add the following to the list somehow.

The Big Lebowski: Mr. Lebowski is in seclusion in the west wing...

Deliverance- you got a purty mouth/Squeal like a pig!/Dualing Banjos

Phantom of the Opera-The Phantom Takes his mask off. Im talkin the old b/w one.

Othello(with Fishburn)-Has a seizure while being tricked into believing his wife is cheating on him.

Boyz in the Hood-Ricky is Killed

At least thats wat i think should be on there.

JBNagis

4. Dreamcast

Good point about Othello. Speaking of Shakespeare, I was glad to see Henry V (although when Mel Gibson's Hamlet confronts his mother is pretty decent, too) on there. I think a major loss was forgetting to include the Ghost scenes from Olivier's Hamlet (and his confrontation of Ophelia - great, great stuff). But considering that this was the general public, I don't know how many ppl are familiar w/Olivier's Hamlet (from the 50s or 60s?).

5. Hmm, which scene from The Godfather would you guys take? I would take the Baptism personally.

6. Dreamcast

When Michael kills Sollazzo in the diner, (along w/Gen. Ripper, er, Capt McCulskey). This is, undeniably, the most important scene in the entire series.

From when Michael shows up, then excuses himself to go the bathroom, all the way to where he comes back out...

Most impressive.

7. They forgot Phoebe Cates' pool scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High and the Scanners head explosion. Also, Commando and the Star Wars series should be about half the list.

8. Dreamcast

So many Commando scenes to choose from: "Don't disturb my friend; he's dead tired."

"What happened to Sully?"
    "I had to let him go."

"Hey Benett! Let off some steam!"

9. Hell there's over 100 memorable moments in Commando alone.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Ben Stein calling attendance in Ferris Bueller, top 100.