Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Snood"

1. Oops. 1up, not IGN.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160634

The truth is that very few games are developed without reference to past games. There's always going to be titles that build on a previous mechanic or game. But there's a fine line between that and very bold-faced rip-offs that aren't adding anything to the game and are just trying to make a quick buck.
    Once they start down that road of making rip-off games you never make a huge fortune off it and you end up working hand to mouth. They don't have time to work on larger projects that take a risk. And that has a negative effect on the industry as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Ozaki, President, Mitchell Corporation
    Popcap games’ lawyer replied my mail and the one from my lawyers’ office. In essence, they don’t give a shit. I think they knew what they were doing from the start and they are bad businessmen. You know that to think of a game and to actually make it takes a lot of energy and money. Ripping off someone else’s idea is bad; they don’t belong in the game business.
    Yeah. Don't buy Snood or anything by Popcap, just out of principle. Blatant clones deserve to perish.

3. I initially came to this thread praying to be corrected. "Maybe I'm wrong," I thought. "Maybe Snood was actually somehow released before, or at least with permission from, Puzzle Bobble's developers." Instead, my anger has been increased ten-fold after not only confirming that I've been right all along, but after reading that shit about Popcap.

Being reminded of the further injustice imposed upon the Puzzle Bobble series by Acclaim's packaging graphics (I can't bring myself to call it "box art") didn't help, either. Babies wearing sunglasses easily cracks the top ten list of insipid bullshit that Hollywood and advertising firms insist are gut-bustingly hilarious despite our strongest protests, nestled cozily between #3, talking animals, and #1, Ben Stiller.

EDIT: HEY DID YOU GUYS SEE THE NEW MOVIE WHERE [animal] PLAYS [sport] WIHT KIDS LIEK HUMAN KIDS THO? THERES NOTHING IN THE RULE BOOK THAT SEZ A [animal] CANT PLY [sport] SO HE 2TALLY DOES IT WITH HILARIOS RESULT!S!!!!! Fuck, this thread ruined my day.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 29 Jun 2007 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Most Valuable Primate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. What's the big deal? How many Columns clones or Puyo Puyo clones are there out there?

And Snood isn't the only clone, not by a long shot. There's a lot of Puzzle Bobble clones.

and on that note, I must be the only person to realize Puzzle Bobble really just isn't that great of a game

5. Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    What's the big deal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B000053GTB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	24992  

What a horiffic name for a game. As the act of Snoodling is
    rubbing the tip of your penis with another guys dick.

7. Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    And Snood isn't the only clone, not by a long shot. There's a lot of Puzzle Bobble clones.
    At least Puzzle De Pon is by Taito and isn't exactly the same as Puzzle Bobble.

I always lumped Snood with BonziBuddy and Gator as some of the most retarded stuff to ever come out of the internet.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I have this movie from Netflix presently.

No, I'm not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    At least Puzzle De Pon is by Taito and isn't exactly the same as Puzzle Bobble.

I always lumped Snood with BonziBuddy and Gator as some of the most retarded stuff to ever come out of the internet.
    Don't ever speak of BonziBuddy like that again
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    I have this movie from Netflix presently.

No, I'm not kidding.
    Hey, there's nothing in the rule book that says a monkey can't play hockey!