Thread: Devil May Cry picked up by ADV

1. Devil May Cry picked up by ADV

From IGN:
    Devil May Cry Anime on the Way
    ADV Films bringing Dante's bloody, demon-slaying antics stateside.
    by Chris Carle

June 30, 2007 - In less than two weeks, anime distributor ADV Films has gobbled up two significant games-to-anime licenses. Last week, we broke the news that the anime juggernaut was bringing Xenosaga stateside. Today at Anime Expo, the company announced that they will be importing another licensed anime dear to gamers' hearts, the Capcom mega-hit Devil May Cry.

Still under production in Japan, the anime is being developed by Madhouse studios, who are responsible for both Nina Scroll and Death Note. Release details will be announced later.

The story of the anime follows events from the original game, and Dante is the main character. In addition, Lady and Trish will figure into the story. According to ADV and the production company, the series will feature heavy action tailored to "anyone who enjoys a healthy dose of monsters, mayhem, guns, girls, swords and slayings."

The anime will utilize talent from the videogame series as well. Bingo Morihashi, who wrote scenarios for a couple of the games, helped write scripts for the show.

Here is the series synopsis, from the ADV press release: "His name is Dante. Half demon and half human, he is charged with ridding the world of the demons that plague it…for the right price. The doors to his business, Devil May Cry, are always open to those with money in pocket, and occasionally to some without. Dante is approached by a man named Morrison to deliver a young heiress Patty to her inheritance. He thinks it's a job not worthy of his time - that is, until a group of demons intent on killing Patty crash the party. With guns drawn and sword ready by his side, Dante will have to mow down the opposition to delivery the mark and discover just who is behind the series of attacks. It's only the beginning for this iconic character, as familiar faces and foes test their metal against the crew of the Devil May Cry."

Stay tuned to IGN DVD for more news about this and other anime series.
    Steven Blum as Dante plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Bout Damn Time.

JBNagis

3. Neat-o. Is it supposed to be any good?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Check the usual place and judge for yourself.

5. Can't. No Youtube at work.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. First episode. Kinda meh.

Demons pop out. Queue Dante pulling out a gun and 1000 bullets being fired. Demon is dead. The flow just seems really sporadic.

7. Devils...Never...Cry.
    Time for a change

8. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    First episode. Kinda meh.
    I agree. It has potential but it seems like the little girl introduced in the first ep. is going to be a recurring character which is .

9. Eh, first episodes always suck. The second is much better, though I agree about the kid.

10. No the second episode was more of the same.

The action consists of:

- demon pops out, lunging towards dante or innocent victim

- Camera cuts away, either to dante or just to nothing at all. cue sound of 1000 bullets being fired

- Cut back to closeup of demon with blood coming out of face

- Cut back to dante, holding gun stylishly

- Cut back to demon, bleeding on the ground

The motorcycle fight at the end was the highlight, but it still wasn't particularly great.