Thread: Clicking on Thread Title Doesn't Always Lead to the Last Page of a Thread

1. Clicking on Thread Title Doesn't Always Lead to the Last Page of a Thread

is there a setting in user cp im missing? using IE7 (Vista or XP makes no difference). probably about 85% of the time when i click on a thread title from a main forum page i'm not directed to the last page (or newest posts) for that thread, but rather several pages back in the history.

2. Did it? I always clicked on the page I wanted to go to.

3. A while back, I changed the vBulletin settings to keep better track of what each individual user has actually read. Clicking on a topic from the index page will take you to the last unread post in that thread. Sometimes that will coincide with the last message posted, but sometimes it will be several pages back from the last message posted.

So if you keep up with thread A every day and/or it isn't updated much, when you click on the topic, it will take you to the last post you read, which will probably be on the last page. On the other hand, if you click on topic B, and that is a thread that you do not read all the time or have not read at all, and/or it is very frequently updated, the forum will direct you tothe beginning or the last post you actually read, which may be several pages back from the last page.

From the FAQ: "If cookies are keeping topics marked as unread that you do not want to read, you may use the "Mark Forums Read" link near the top of the page for a fresh start; otherwise, unread topics will be marked as read after about a week."

Bottom line? Read TNL nonstop as much as possible.