Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Musicians YouTube Thread

I don't know how to play with my fingers really. Pick or go home imo.

2. like that song you're writing zero, sounds moody. I play bass like I play guitar, which means I pick the hell out of it. I'm not that good, but it's a lot of fun, and I SUCK hardcore at fingerpickin.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Pick or go home imo.
    What about slap bass?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I don't know how to play with my fingers really. Pick or go home imo.
    There's no right or wrong method, really; different musical contexts call for different types of tone, and the best thing you can do as a bassist is being ready to fulfill whatever role is necessary, whether that calls for using a pick or using your fingers.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tenchimo Dos View Post
    What about slap bass?
    Usually uncalled for and wanky imo.

6. Unless you play for Morris Day slap is unnecessary.
    Boo, Hiss.

everyone I know that does slap, makes fun of metal soloing.

we live in a funny ironic world

8. Catfish, I've tried using a pick many times, and while I guess it's 'easier' to play things, especially faster chugging lines, it just doesn't feel right to me. Moreover, for some reason a pick sounds thinner and less powerful to me. Why, I dunno, but different strokes, I guess.

9. hmm. well, you definately need a pretty heavy pick, thats for sure. it really just depends on what comes naturally i guess. hey, im gonna try to put up an mp3 of a song i made a cover of a while ago, but i dont know if it will work, cause im a noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    my cat fucked my sister.

10. the quality is kind of crap, but i still think it's kind of cool. it's the doctor wiley castle music! the end is the best part
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    my cat fucked my sister.