Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Incenitive Gaming

1. Extra Incenitive Gaming

I work with three other guys and during breaks and lunch we let the DS multi-player games fly. Instead of just having bragging rights for the day we have something we use as a trophy for the winner. For an example when we play Mario Kart the trophy is the Luigi from the attached pic.

The winner at the end of our session keeps it until the next time we play. It seems kind of silly but it really brings out the best in everyone's play since everyone is gunning for the trophy.

One of the same guys mentioned above and I also have a different Mario figure that we use for our trophy when we play New Super Mario Bros. 2 player game. There is just a little something extra sweet about taking that trophy at the end of the day from the previous owner. So, does anyone else do this or are we just weird?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. I think you're weird. Play for money.

3. Agreed.

4. we typically smash a brick in the loser's face.

it's pretty intense.

5. Loser's gotta toss some salads, imo.

6. gtfo with this garbage

leaderboards

7. Money is stupid, and leaderboards are only good when you're powered on. A trophy is pure pride and bragging rights, in addition to a physical thing you can put on your desk for the envy of those you compete against.

James

8. Shit gets competitive enough as it is.
    Time for a change

9. I think it's a cool idea.

10. We used to have a Virtua Fighter 4 T Shirt that said "bitch " below it. Whoever lost had to wear it.

Other than that, We've played for money and alcohol. It usually involves fighting games or hockey games. VF 5 is gonna be fun !!