Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Superman: Doomsday

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    I absolutely dont think this movie made the fact clear enough. And I dont know how you think it wouldnt be relevant especially because you are obviously a comic fan. Identity reveals are HUGE in the comic world, and are dramatic in and of themselves.How would you not want to see that?
    Because this is the death and return of Superman, not Superman's Life Story. It isn't relevant to the story at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Maybe Timm felt they couldnt do it in the traditional DCAU because they already blew their Doomsday load there <shrugs>
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the Warners home video department had already decided these movies would all be self-contained before Bruce even signed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Because this is the death and return of Superman, not Superman's Life Story. It isn't relevant to the story at hand
    What if you went to see the next Batman movie and at the start of it Batman had only one arm? It may not be relevant to the story at hand but I kind of want to know how the fuck he lost it as it affects the character.
    Same with this, especially since most of the movie pretty much starred Lois Lane. AND since everyone who wanted to see this is basically a fan of JLA/JLU/DCU where she didnt know his I.D., this being a "new" universe, how the hell would could anyone even tell what she knew? unless they watched the commentary and heard her whisper Clarks name when he "died"

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    What if you went to see the next Batman movie and at the start of it Batman had only one arm? It may not be relevant to the story at hand but I kind of want to know how the fuck he lost it as it affects the character.
    Same with this, especially since most of the movie pretty much starred Lois Lane. AND since everyone who wanted to see this is basically a fan of JLA/JLU/DCU where she didnt know his I.D., this being a "new" universe, how the hell would could anyone even tell what she knew? unless they watched the commentary and heard her whisper Clarks name when he "died"
    They have an entire fight about how she knows his identity already and just wants her to tell him. She mentions Clark going "away" at all the same times she hangs out with Supes.