View Poll Results: Should we disable Gamer Tags and other linked images in signatures?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree that they are a nuisance and they slow down the site. Go right ahead.

22 39.29%
  • No way! We are a gaming community and the Tags/images should DEFINITELY stay.

11 19.64%
  • I like it the way it is, but I won't mind the change if you feel it's best.

17 30.36%
  • I honestly don't care either way. I don't pay attention to signatures all that much.

6 10.71%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Getting Rid of Gamertags and Linked Images in Signatures

How many people on TNL are part of the Xfire clan?

2. Everyone who matters.

3. Josh, why do you care? It sounds like a reasonable request to me.

I don't care even one little bit. Much like the rest of the internet, I'm bitching just for the sake of bitching.

But could you put in a custom field for my sewing circle name tag please? I'm sure everyone on TNL needs to see constant live updates of that.

5. When your sewing circle has 8,000,000 members, I will gladly add a field. You know . . . make it 4,000,000.

So there are eight million xfire users on TNL?

Oh wait... I checked. There are twelve. I think its silly to ad a field for such a small amount of users, but its not my site. Do your thing.

7. No, but I wouldn't expect everyone in your sewing club to post here, either.

The point is to encourage gamers to post here.

Strange priorities you have...

I imagine that kind of encouragement will go hand-in-hand with teh TNL megaton
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Give me an example of what you mean. We'll figure out a way to do it, I'm sure, but I'm not clear about what you're trying to do.
    Basically my signature right now was a bunch of Katamari pictures, but with nine or so of them, the text to fit in the links was greater than the text limit on signatures. So, I used www.tinyurl.com to make new URLs that fit into our text limit. Now, since tinyurl is an outside link a signature won't work with it.

So my solutions are three:

1) You allow tinyurl for signatures and I'll just use it to access images that are hosted at TNL.

2) You extend the signature character limit so it can fit nine hosted links in image tags.

3) I'm just fucked.
    Last edited by Opaque; 31 Oct 2007 at 12:45 PM.