View Poll Results: Should we disable Gamer Tags and other linked images in signatures?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree that they are a nuisance and they slow down the site. Go right ahead.

22 39.29%
  • No way! We are a gaming community and the Tags/images should DEFINITELY stay.

11 19.64%
  • I like it the way it is, but I won't mind the change if you feel it's best.

17 30.36%
  • I honestly don't care either way. I don't pay attention to signatures all that much.

6 10.71%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Getting Rid of Gamertags and Linked Images in Signatures

1. It's a tough choice, I really enjoy the gamertag signatures and think they're fairly neat.

2. I can look at people who are posting in the same topics I post in, or I can wade through the number of worthless members who put gamertags in and find out what they're playing that way...

Ease of Use imo.

3. Kill the non-TNL hosted sig images. Good idea.

If someone's too stupid to grab their sig pic and upload it to TNL, they deserve a barren, lifeless signature.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 12 Jul 2007 at 01:11 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Signatures should reflect the poster's personality
    A dynamic recap of what each person has been playing is much more interesting and relevant to a gaming forum than a quote they thought was funny or a static image of a band/TV show/celebrity they like.

Anyhow, the leaderboard displays a person's gamertag when you mouse over their name, is there anyway to do that in a sig? Or perhaps make it so it does that when you mouse over a person's XBL Gamertag in the info above their posts? That might alleviate the problem.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 12 Jul 2007 at 12:55 PM.

5. I was thinking of adding some kind of link to the Gamer Tag listing found under the user's avatar. Adding a mouse-over effect like that is a great idea. I'll look into the pros and cons.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I was thinking of adding some kind of link to the Gamer Tag listing found under the user's avatar. Adding a mouse-over effect like that is a great idea. I'll look into the pros and cons.
    Do that, I've seen it used on WoW forums for items and shit (But not RF, because we're low-rent slackers).

A happy medium imo.

Ban all non-tnl hosted images in posts too. Lets do this thing right.

8. I don't appreciate the image in you sig. There are some things that are not a laughing matter.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Yeah? Be certain that one of those things is certainly not rape.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I don't appreciate the image in you sig. There are some things that are not a laughing matter.
    Adblock imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!