Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion

1. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Didn't the original show have product placement for Japanese brands? Beer or somesuch.
    Yeah. One of the brands of beer Misato drank in the TV show is still in this movie along with some other type.

2. Yebisu beer I think. She later switched to some other brand later in the show.

3. Sounds cool. Thanks for the impressions, perkyskirt. This series means way too much to me, though, to settle for fansubs. I'll wait for the Blu-ray (hopefully) or DVD.

4. This series means very little to me. I will enjoy the fansubs and eventual stateside DVD release, if it turns out to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Compass, get the 1.4gb torrent that was spoken of, it's spot on.

6. I'm really surprised at the quality of this. I like how some scenes are from the show but they add a few seconds to a scene that makes it make so much more sense.

In the end it's Eva, if you liked it you'll love this, if you hated it this won't really change your mind. In the meantime I love the fights, I hope I live to see whatever they do with Unit 03.

EDIT: The way they did Remiel (the floating diamond angel) was awesome! Little tweaks like this are really fun to catch.
    Last edited by George; 28 Apr 2008 at 09:25 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by perkyskirt View Post
    no eyeball scene
    NO! That's one of my favorite things from the whole series. Not joking.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    NO! That's one of my favorite things from the whole series. Not joking.
    Yeah me too. It's like they've totally removed the "robots" front. It seems that Shinji might understand right away that it's an synthetic lifeform and not be all that bothered by it. Weird.

9. What's with that crazy shit on the moon? I like that they deviate a bit but a Lilith clone on the moon and those coffins (representing the "children" no doubt, as you can see that the first through third are opened, and Kaworu emerges from the fifth) is really something new.

10. Well you saw how he said "The third is acting up again" or something. I think maybe everybody has had their part to play and they've done it all before and this is just a reset universe like the end of the movie

I could be 100% wrong.