Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion

1. They remade this? Awesome. I love the original to a point, but the filler and shit ending hurt badly. I imagine squashing the series down to 3 or 4 movies will take care of the filler. If the ending is anything even close to something a human being can understand then this will make me one happy guy.

Now give Dragonball Z the same treatment. Talk about something with potential that needs filler removed...

2. I took it to mean that Shinji is constantly the most troublesome of the bunch, and that Kaworu has been chilling out on the moon for a while now watching the events of the movie happen.

After watching the movie I went back to Wikipedia to brush up on the Eva lore and shit, and came away with a better understanding I think. You can strip away all the semi-philosophical existentialism and still find a neat sci-fi story, and even some of the psychoanalytical stuff has its value. What I loved the most about the show was how they handled the Angels. They were all pretty neat, mostly unique, and you get a real sense of "Us vs. Them" mentality when you see shit go down. And it helps to see that element going into the final movies, when you discover that Humans are an angel too, just different from the ones born from Adam, set against one another in some sort of bizarre cosmic existential tournament Rebuild is taking these encounters and spiffing them up, and keeping turbo mindfucks to a minimum.

3. Alright I've always wanted to watch this series but never have. I wanna watch this will I like it or is it more fan service than anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. If you see it without seeing the show you might miss a few of the details, well, more like a lot. You'll get what's important, but Rebuild is definitely more of a supplement, something for fans of the original show to watch and catch the new stuff. Or for me, someone who wants to rewatch Eva without the little details that I'd absorbed before.

5. I'll keep that in mind thanks.
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. Cliffnotegelion, if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. lol Guess I'm gonna have to watch all of evangelion. sometime...probly not for a long time. I've got too much stuff to watch.

8. Chao, you are a creature devoid of joy.

9. I take joy in a great many things, but I'm sick of hearing how brilliant this show is.

It's still good, but it's no masterpiece. Cripes.