Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion

1. So by this fall you mean 2013, and by 2013 for the 4.0 you mean 2018.

2. Yeah Stormy, these movies are generally not going to be able to "replace" the show. Actually rumors prevail that these movies are a sequel in disguise. Maybe not so much a secret anymore, but there's a bunch of telling indicators that the events in these movies are actually happening after the events of the show and EoE. For what reason and to what end who can say, Gainax loves to throw curveballs with everything they make.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    So by this fall you mean 2013, and by 2013 for the 4.0 you mean 2018.
    If their previous release schedule is any indication, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    Yeah Stormy, these movies are generally not going to be able to "replace" the show.
    Eh, I think they do. The differences in 2.0 are to the point where I found knowledge of the TV show to just be distracting, since things weren't happening the same way I was used to and I had to make myself distance the projects. They've also written the dialogue a lot better (though it's still very anime), which makes them feel more like characters and less like one-note cardboard cutouts waiting to have the occasional flashback. They're giving a lot more info in a shorter time frame.

I've seen the shots of why it could be a sequel, but at least for now it's such an inconsequential thing that it feels more like fanservice than any real plot point.

I'm not really sure about stormy's comment regarding unit 02, since they did question why someone else was piloting it, were told the order was over their heads, and had their communication to it cut off. I guess they could've freaked out about it while they were trying to maintain order?

4. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Yeah Stormy, these movies are generally not going to be able to "replace" the show. Actually rumors prevail that these movies are a sequel in disguise. Maybe not so much a secret anymore, but there's a bunch of telling indicators that the events in these movies are actually happening after the events of the show and EoE. For what reason and to what end who can say, Gainax loves to throw curveballs with everything they make.
    Shit, NOW I'm kinda interested.

5. Thread: Here's an awesome remake of a classic series that gets rid of most of the crap and improves the awesome parts.
    Chao: No thanks.
    Thread: It might also be a time loop just for shits and giggles.
    Chao: FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

6. And for those wondering about the in-movie nods to such a thing:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	292.5 KB 
ID:	64443  

7. For those who haven't seen it before:

And posted today:
    I actually asked Spike Spencer about this rant at AMA this year.

He said he just was so annoyed with the ending as he was dubbing it that he just told them to turn the mics back on just to let him record this.

God bless.

8. Decision to never -- not ever -- go anywhere near an Eva dub: justified.

9. 1:11 was pretty crazy. I had seen a few early episodes back in the day and thought it was a really cool idea (because hell yes giant robots), but seeing it all redone and in high def was jarring! Then as soon as it was done I checked out the special features and watched the rebuild, where they show how all the shit was animated and rendered and... goddamn they put a LOT of work into it. Totally new appreciation for the way they did it, had to watch it again, and knowing now how it was all done, made it look even cooler somehow. I am crazy excited for the second one, considering everything after the first angel fight (pretty much) was new to me anyways. And that fight with the shape shifting diamond angel... holy shit, so good.

10. I wish I had the time to re-watch the entire series again so I can properly appreciate these movies.