Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumping of Old Polls

1. Bumping of Old Polls

Ok, seriously, who the fuck is bumping all these old polls by voting in them? Can the mods find out and ban them? Also is there any way to make a setting in vBulletin so that polls always automatically expire after a set amount of time, say 1 month or so?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. We could easily set it so that the thread isn't bumped unless there is a new post, yes. I kind of like the polls being bumped, so I set it the way it is. I'll check into who's voting and how annoying it is.

3. Don't forget to look into why bbobb cares so much while you're at it.

4. Compass did it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    We could easily set it so that the thread isn't bumped unless there is a new post, yes. I kind of like the polls being bumped, so I set it the way it is. I'll check into who's voting and how annoying it is.
    Yeah, I like votes bumping it on current threads... but these threads that are over a year old getting bumped are an annoyance.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. I hate votes bumping a thread. It's pretty pointless. What's good about having someone vote in a poll without expressing his or her opinion on why he or she chose that route?

The explanation is a lot more interesting than submitting a vote, imo.

7. My thinking on it: usually (but not always - see above), people vote in polls because the topic is of some interest to them. Even if a voter does not leave a comment, his bumping of the thread may bring it to the attention of someone else that is interested but never scrolls past the first ten or twelve topics. That keeps the conversation going - usually, but not always, a good thing.

Every time it happens I'm mislead into thinking Drewbacca is
    funny or Diffusionx has returned.

9. would it be possible to have polls close automatically after a period of inactivity? like say, a month?

10. The poll's life span is up to its creator, unless a moderator goes in and adjusts it manually.