Page 1 of 45 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Ron Paul for President 2008 Thread

1. Official Ron Paul for President 2008 Thread

I know everyone here respects my opinion as a celebrity, and instead of just using that to get you to buy my games, I want to use it to help you open up your small minds.

Many know me as a musical genius, but those that are close to me know that I fancy myself a Constitutionalist. I would run for president myself, but I am told by my advisors that doing so would tarnish my indie credibility. As this is the case, I am officially endorsing, through the Tommy Tallarico Endorsement (TM) program, Mr. Ron Paul.

Tommy Tallarico is pro-choice, anti-big government, and pro-MIDI. So is Ron Paul.

Here is a fact list on the honorable Ronald Paul:

• He has never voted to raise taxes.

• He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

• He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

• He has never voted to raise congressional pay.

• He has never taken a government-paid junket.

• He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

• He voted against the Patriot Act.

• He voted against regulating the Internet.

• He voted against the Iraq war.

• He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

• He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

• Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

Here is Ronald on the Colbert Report charming your young daughters in a manner similar to how they are charmed by myself:

Since I can't yet cast your votes for you, as I should, I would like to encourage you to vote for Ron Paul. I am told that he was not born in Canada, but he wishes he had been.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. I'd hit it.

I mean vote for him.

And hit it.

3. He is the best choice and could return a lot of credibility to the USA, for those reasons he won't be elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

4. Gotta say I'm a Ron Paul fan myself.

5. Paul is a true libertarian and a man of great conviction, which makes it all the more puzzling when he waffles on abortion and immigration. It seems like he fears taking the libertarian stances there because of what anathemas they are to the Republican base. He looks, to me, to be conflicted between standing strong to his principles and making compromises to get even a hair's breadth closer to the nomination. He's going to have to make that choice to go one way or the other. If I were him I'd look long and hard at McCain, who sacrificed his centrist appeal with independents to try and cull favor with the right. Better to stand for what you really believe than try and be someone you aren't.

So, yeah, I'm glad the extreme libertarians of the internet are rallying to him and keeping him relevant in what the media is desperately trying to make as narrow a race as possible. What I'm saying though is if you really are committed to him then steel yourself for disappointment this time and instead work hard on making him a legitimate candidate next go around.
    Last edited by g0zen; 15 Jul 2007 at 06:38 PM.
    Time for a change

6. I hate the libertarians and I hate this guy. He's everything that's wrong with this country. Enabling selfish assholes to feel entitled to be selfish assholes.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    He's everything that's wrong with this country.
    Sorry, the correct answer is George W. Bush. But thanks for playing!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I hate the libertarians and I hate this guy. He's everything that's wrong with this country. Enabling selfish assholes to feel entitled to be selfish assholes.
    That's an extremely shallow understanding of libertarianism, and this kind of simplistic dismissal of an entire ideology is what irks me about a lot of lefties. There are some very good arguments about why government should be completely removed from some facets of our lives without going completely into the fantasy of 'all taxation is theft' or 'the free market fixes everything'.

To paint the entire of libertarian thought as selfish aggrandizement is like painting all progressive thought as promoting totalitarian communism. We hate it when they do it to us, but some of us seem to have no reservations about doing the exact same thing.
    Time for a change

9. I believe that the philosophy you speak of is fundamentally wrong, morally corrupt, and more often than not motivated by greed on some level. It is not a public spirited ideology. It's just not.

There are aspects of the libertarian platform I approve of, but on the whole? Fuck no.