Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamecube or Xbox...help me!!!

1. Cool Mine is 14th !

2. . . .

I think that the NGC will be the home of superior software. Though there are promising titles scheduled for the XBOX I think the games on the way for the NGC have the potential to be revolutionary in their respective genres. I base this on Nintendo and their track record for creating important - perhaps progressive - titles.

If FPSs like Halo intrest you, and the open-ended fun that is Morrowind makes you sweat then I would suggest putting that $300 ($199 + $50 + $30 + tax) into upgrades for your current computer. With the right parts you can build a machine capable of handling the stresses of modern games and one that will last you well into the coming months. That way you have online gaming in it's true form, a highres version of Morrowind, FPSs out the wazoo, and upcoming blockbusters like Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights.

I do not think there is enough "must have" software on the XBOX and I, personally, do not see much coming out in the future.

That's just what I think.

Then again...I'm addicted to Monkeyball like a pimp to purple suits.

3. UUUUghhh.. Sorry, I just can't see using a computer for gaming aside from possibly the odd homebrew. It's just compleatly the wrong environment to spend any game time in.

4. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    UUUUghhh.. Sorry, I just can't see using a computer for gaming aside from possibly the odd homebrew. It's just compleatly the wrong environment to spend any game time in.
    Except for Blizzard games. All hail Blizzard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

zidane747 Guest
    Wow,guys, thanks for the help. I've decided to go with the GC(don't kill me EThugg!!). While the Xbox does seem great(I'll definitely get one, maybe September), the GCN just seems better. Besides, I've been itching to play some SMB, along with all the other great titles. Oh, and my B-Day is the 8th.

6. Originally posted by zidane747
    ...and my B-Day is the 8th.
    My sister's is the 3rd and my fiance's is the 23rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. You, you, you traitor !!! Just kidding

Well, You will have a great time with RE remake, and Melee is a fun little game(I was pleasantly surprised by it, back in the day ).

As for Xbox, just make sure you WILL get it on your birthday.

8. Originally posted by zidane747

Since my relatives are in Puerto Rico, I don't think they'll send me much. *sniff*.
    Really? What part?

Yeah, shipping would be a bitch from PR to Alaska.

Taekwondo Master Guest
    Personally, I'd say go with GC. The only problem is that few (if any) really interesting games are going to be coming out in the next couple months. But that shouldn't really be much of a problem since you'll be experiencing most of the GC's launch games for the first time. Super Smash Bros. is the best game on GC assuming you have friends who will play with you. Its still a very fun 1 player game, but its about 10 times better on multiplayer. Then theres Rogue Leader, which could keep you occupied for quite awhile, and theres Pikmin, Monkey Ball, and Resident Evil. If you never got Sonic Adventure 2 on DC now would probably be a good time to do so on GC. Theres also games like Wave Race and Luigi's Mansion, though those certainly aren't the buying points for GC. However, starting in August, I think GC will REALLY start to pick up. Eternal Darkness comes out at the end of the month (unless if it got delayed and I dunno about it...), Mario Sunshine comes out in August, PSO ep. 1 and 2 in Sept. (HELL YEAH!), Star Fox Adventures... uh... whenever the hell they delayed it to, Metroid Prime in the fall (looks soooooo awesome), and then Zelda early next year (this game just looks amazing, plain and simple). However, notice how almost every game worth owning is a Nintendo 1st party game. So, obviously, if you don't really enjoy Nintendo's first party games, do NOT get a GC.

Then theres Xbox. Right now I only have a GC, but I'm currently saving up for an Xbox, mostly for the reason that there isn't anything on GC to keep me busy for the summer (though I still need RE, and Eternal Darkness should be interesting). Jet Set Radio Future is just too good for me to pass up. I've played that game a ton at my friend's house, and its the thing that pushed me over into finally deciding to get an Xbox. Halo is also an awesome game, and Project Gotham Racing is also incredibely fun. I've played Morrowind a bit, but it doesn't quite seem like my type of game (maybe I just need a lil more time with it?), and Test Drive seems very fun from what I played. Thats about it though for Xbox right now. Of course Panzer Dragoon Orta will be coming out (the OTHER reason that pushed me over to get an Xbox), and MGS2 Substance (though I'm really not too interested in this, I have MGS2 on PS2 but never did much with it).

If at all possible, I would say get both. Right now I think Xbox probably has better games, buuuuuuut GC is gonna have tons of awesome games comin out this fall. Thats not to say that theres nothing for you to play on GC though. It really boils down to what kinds of games you like.

Taekwondo Master Guest
    Damn my slow posting-ass... I see you've picked GC, nice choice (though either one would probably be a good one). Hope you have tons of fun with it.