Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gamecube or Xbox...help me!!!

1. Originally posted by Despair
    Wow, 7 of us born in September Cool .
    Make that 8.

2. I'd pick both actually. But for your case..... Xbox. The game quality for both is about equal... but Xbox's got modded already. I'm an import freak and it really saves a whole lot of mollah if my console could play both U.S and Japanese games. Plus, the Xbox can ripp music cds ! I don't know about you guys, but that's damn cool.

3. Originally posted by mrdandy
    The game quality for both is about equal... but Xbox's got modded already.
    GCs were modded like three days after they came out. You don't even need a chip.

4. Originally posted by Kinopio
    You made the right choice.
    There is no "right choice" when deciding on a system. It's all a matter of which one has the games that YOU want.

5. I don't want to piss anyone off but, only a fool would choose another system over GCN. The XBox has but one worthy game at the moment(Halo). Marrowind is wrong on so many levels and is more proof that the XBox is not an exceptional poly pusher. It's like it's cursed as well. You got all these games coming out of nowhere that look great in stills and the concept sounds cool but when they come out....another strike. It reminds me of the 3DO in that way. I do like the system though, but there ain't no way in hell anyone should ever consider it before the GCN. The GCN already has a decent library of incredible games and the best stuff is still to come. Don't let anyone(or any doctored screenshots) steer you in the wrong direction. Move toward the light. ----------> GCN. I'm sorry if I pissed any of you guys off but I'm just really dissapointed with my XBox and it just seemed so much better before I bought it. There are no freakin good games for it and the graphics are crippled(bad framerates in 85% of the games.

6. Originally posted by kbuchanan
    Marrowind is wrong on so many levels and is more proof that the XBox is not an exceptional poly pusher.
    Yeah, I hear Marrowind blows. On the other hand, Morrowind is the best RPG I've played since Planescape: Torment.

Seriously, you're a fucking idiot if you're playing Morrowind for the graphics. It's all about the gameplay, fanboy.

7. Originally posted by kbuchanan
    I don't want to piss anyone off but, only a fool would choose another system over GCN. The XBox has but one worthy game at the moment(Halo). Marrowind is wrong on so many levels and is more proof that the XBox is not an exceptional poly pusher. It's like it's cursed as well. You got all these games coming out of nowhere that look great in stills and the concept sounds cool but when they come out....another strike. It reminds me of the 3DO in that way. I do like the system though, but there ain't no way in hell anyone should ever consider it before the GCN. The GCN already has a decent library of incredible games and the best stuff is still to come. Don't let anyone(or any doctored screenshots) steer you in the wrong direction. Move toward the light. ----------> GCN. I'm sorry if I pissed any of you guys off but I'm just really dissapointed with my XBox and it just seemed so much better before I bought it. There are no freakin good games for it and the graphics are crippled(bad framerates in 85% of the games.
    I don't think it's fair to say that. Like I said in my previous post, so far the Xbox does not have many games which appeal to ME. But that's OK and I can totally understand why some of the games would appeal to other people, who have different taste. Same goes for Gamecube as well.

Calling people who happen to prefer Xbox "fools" is really quite absurd and immature. Just because someone has different taste does not make their opinions any less valid. Spare us the fanboyesque rants, please.

Sheesh.

8. No love for XBox = Fanboy.

Ya know, I think I've heard that several times on these boards. Anyone who doesn't like the XBox is called a fanboy. Your actions point to you guys being fanboys.

9. Originally posted by Gongos
    Morrowind is wrong?????fetch the leeches ammadeu!!!! actually i am willing to concede that the game does have some signficant flaws, but i woudl also caution that what it does right it does light years better than any other game that attempts to be in the same genre as it,and your trite dissmissal of the game tells me more about you as a gamer than the game in general. if you really cnat look bast the graphics to appreciate the unprecedented level of cahracter development, the huge variety of sub stories to immerse yourself in, and the loving care that went into the biggest game i have ever played, then i pity your taste in games. So while my words are more diplomatic than saints, my sentiment is echoed in his words.
    Point taken. My brother likes it more than me. You don't have to get nasty though, you admitted yourself that the game has some "significant flaws". It reminds me of Dragon Lore on the 3DO. It is not actually fun to play. Some(such as yourself) might get into the tedious play mechanics and boring slow(walking pace) subquests as you trek around the boring environment fighting off an epileptic seizure because of the framerate, but not me. It's as though the game was designed 10 or so years ago and transported to a modern console. I'm still playing it though so my opinion may change as I've only put about 3-4 hours into it. But, at this point, I don't like it.

10. Originally posted by kbuchanan
    No love for XBox = Fanboy.

Ya know, I think I've heard that several times on these boards. Anyone who doesn't like the XBox is called a fanboy. Your actions point to you guys being fanboys.
    Um, but I don't like Xbox and I have even said so on this thread.