Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I been interested in the show. I saw the revoltech figure and it peeked my interest.
    Is the show worth watching?
    Is it preachy and shit like Rahxephon?
    Is the main character a punk ass bitch?
    Either way im getting this Revoltech figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garrenlegan.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	34702  

2. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    I been interested in the show. I saw the revoltech figure and it peeked my interest.
    Is the show worth watching?
    YES
    Is it preachy and shit like Rahxephon?
    Couldn't be further from. Besides tongue-in-cheek lectures on how to be a man, it's pretty preach-free
    Is the main character a punk ass bitch?
    He's a little kid at the beginning, so sorta, kinda? Nothing Shinji-like though, the show's as funny as it it actiony.

3. Clarifications:

Preachy? No. Definitely has a message, but it's way more wholesome and simple than anything you'd find in RahXephon or Eva. It starts fairly tongue-in-cheek and takes shots at everything from super robot conventionalities to other Gainax shows. It shifts gears SEVERAL times, though, and you'll eventually find that the main focus of the show is CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. SH-SH-SHOCK! The main character grows, both in age and in maturity. It's a quality rare in any form of entertainment nowadays. Though I would've liked to have seen certain parts of the show turn out the way they were supposed to in the "flash-forward" (that's now OFFICIALLY a future from another dimension), I'd definitely have to say it's the best anime I've seen since Cowboy Bebop. That's a damn tall order considering my DVD shelf, too.

P.S. Eva is overrated.

4. Quote Originally Posted by perkyskirt View Post
    Does anyone else think the events of episode 8 is a reason to stop watching or hate the show? A few of my friends do. I think they are tards.
    I'm gonna have to agree that your friends are tards.

5. Thanks for the heads up guys I'm downloading right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. Alright I would like to personally thank Chao for creating this thread and turning me on to this show. I'm 3 eps in and don't plan on turning back any time soon. I'm using a shitty connection that isn't letting the rest of the eps download and I've watched the eps I have about 3 times each. This show is HOT can't believe I missed it completely.

Love Kamina but I get the feeling their gonna kill him off right he's my favorite char.
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

Watched the First ep on Youtube.
    Its officialy my new fave anime.
    I must own.
    The faces Lagann makes itsself are worth the purchase price.

8. If you're gonna watch it online watch it on VEOH it has better quality.

man, totally didn't know we had a thread for this awesome show.

I loved this show. It may make me a sad little dork, but shows like this make me happy to be alive.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?!

I love the energy