Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Outrun Coast to Coast 2006

1. Yeah, I know it's good for new. I'm pinching pennies though.

2. I grabbed a new copy from FYE for $10 a few weeks ago. I'll see if there are more if you are still looking.

3. So is the Box Coast to Coast better than the PS2 version? I've read a few places where it's not up to the original releases graphics. *-neo

4. It's a port of the PS2 version.

It looks pretty good on most of the levels, but there are times when you can tell it was a port. Still, it has progressive scan, while I'm pretty sure that the PS2 version does not.

5. It's jaggier on XBox than the original. I think the XBox version is a PS2 port but with uncompressed textures.

Is the PC version a port of the arcade or of the PS2 version? That's what I'd like to know.

6. Isamu would know.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Yeah, I know it's good for new. I'm pinching pennies though.
    Sounds like you're saving up for a wedding.

Everything I've heard and read indicates that the XBox version is the clear cut choice; Wikipedia indicates that it was the lead port but this conflicts with what you guys are saying. In any case, if I see a copy of this cheap today, I'll pick up at least one copy.

8. The Xbox version Outrun 2 was the lead port, while C2C was ported from the PS2 version. Outrun 2 is a much better looking game.
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 May 2008 at 01:12 PM.

9. I struck out at FYE. Lots of OR2, but no more C2C.