Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Harry Potter: The End

1. So am I entitled to automatically agree with everything that happens? I'm not fuming about it or anything, and as said earlier, I just think it's silly. Perhaps people read into it too much.

2. The reason it was never mentioned in the book, near as I can tell, is because there was no point. Dumbledore was hardly going to mention it to Harry, and it looks like the wizarding community just assumed Dumbledore and that other guy were just good friends. Mentioning it in-story would be contrived and pointless.

James

3. It's worth knowing about because if Dumbledore was seduced first by Grindelwald himself, it becomes much easier to understand how he could be seduced by Grindelwald's ideas. Also, it adds a whole new dimension to his regret and his brother's resentment over the situation. Not putting it in the book was definitely a mistake in terms of telling the full story, but it's understandable considering the controversy it sadly would have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Do you really need to know if every person you meet is gay or not?

If not then what does it matter if a character in a book is gay or not?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Gandalf gay too? LOL, that's a good one.

6. Nomi's reading comprehension skills need improvement. It wasn't explicitly mentioned in the books, but it certainly was implied. It turns out to be an interesting revelation because it wasn't found out or used against him in those smear articles; the wizarding world doesn't seem to care about someone's sexuality, only whether people are using magic illegally (e.g. Voldemort). Usually, with old unmarried dudes people will go out of their way to prove gayness.

Love that pic KoF posted. "I knew it!!"

7. Who knew that Nomi was such a homophobe.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico