Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets talk about...StarCraft!

1. Originally posted by Kidnemo

Agreed.

But the longer you wait around and let Protoss build stuff, the worse chance you have of beating them.
    Agreed.

So, don't rush, but don't wait around for something really ugly to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable

Agreed.

So, don't rush, but don't wait around for something really ugly to happen.
    Like Carriers!

3. Originally posted by Kidnemo

Like Carriers!
    Or an Arbitor warp-in...en-mass. I hate that!
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. While on the subject of StarCraft, when is Blizzard gonna get crackin' on a sequel? Given the prestige (and sales) this game garners, it is a shoe-in for a sequel.

Hopefully, with the release of Warcraft III (finally), Blizzard will make their next project SC2, and NOT Diablo III. Considering that SC is an evolution/refinement of the WarCraft II engine, I would be willing to wager that SC2 would build on the WC3 engine.

What StarCraft II needs:

* More races. How about making the different Terran factions (Dominion, UED, and reminant Confederates) different from one another in terms of unitsand abilities.
    How about the 'Xel Naga as a playable race?
    Make the Dark Templar their own unique "race". Imagine what a Dark Templar Reaver or a Nexus would look like! Also, have the "normal" Protoss be divided into 2 factions (the 'new' order, and the old Conclave) with different units and abilities.

* More units (duh)

* larger armies- I hate that stupid "unit limit"

* A more non-linear story.

* Kill Kerrigan- she pisses me off

* Resurrect Tassadar- he's so cool

* I wanna see the Zerg homeworld- Zerus. Aiur is really dull now...

5. Don't hold your breath for SC2 anytime soon.

After Warcraft III, they are going full speed ahead on World of Warcraft, there MMORPG.

I think the release date for that is projected around 2004...

6. I would so love a "World of Star Craft!!!"

But I think StarCraft 2 is higher on my want list.

7. I also dont think that SC2 will be coming out any time soon, or probably ever. Blizzard is known for the long time it takes for them to work and release their games, and we know that their next project will be World of Warcraft online-rpg. So it will take them next year and a half or maybe even more to work on.

Who knows, maybe in the future, they might revisit the SC universe once again, but it will remain uncertain till then.

8. Originally posted by Despair
    I also dont think that SC2 will be coming out any time soon, or probably ever. Blizzard is known for the long time it takes for them to work and release their games, and we know that their next project will be World of Warcraft online-rpg. So it will take them next year and a half or maybe even more to work on.

Who knows, maybe in the future, they might revisit the SC universe once again, but it will remain uncertain till then.
    Well, it took a few years for them to revisit the WarCraft Universe. So it doesn't mean it won't happen. What it does mean is that it'll be awhile before we see it.

In the meantime, I'll get my StarCraft groove on in B-net.

9. Originally posted by Zerodash
    What StarCraft II needs:

* A more non-linear story.
    You're kidding, right? It's an RTS! Not an RPG. Non-linear story would screw it all up. Bad idea.

* Kill Kerrigan- she pisses me off
    Whatever. Kerrigan is one of the best characters ever. Period.

* Resurrect Tassadar- he's so cool
    I hate this. It's like those "bringing back Darth Maul in Ep 2" rumors. I say if they're dead, leave them dead. It's much more fullfilling for a storyline if the events throughout it's history remain permanent. I also thought it sucked when Superman came back from the dead, and Bruce Wayne's back miraculously healed.

* I wanna see the Zerg homeworld- Zerus. Aiur is really dull now...
    I second this motion.