Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about...StarCraft!

1. Lets talk about...StarCraft!

Yes, my all-time favorite PC and RTS game. I don't even know where to begin in my praise and reverence of this masterpiece. The story, the music, the atmosphere, the interface, everything is perfect (or nearly so- I wanna select more than 12 units at a time).

I love the Zerg especially. A disgusting race of creatures breeding and mutating on a carpet of feces (or "the Creep"). I know of few things more fun and time-consuming than turning an entire playfield into a never-ending hive cluster. Overwhelming the hapless Terran and Protoss forces with sheer numbers of troops is a taste of RTS bliss.

I can't get enough of StarCraft, even the Brood War expansion left me thirsting. This game stays in my PC disc drive while Jedi Outcast and other newer PC titles just sit on my shelf collecting dust.

StarCraft is a masterwork. An RTS for all time. Recognize!

By the way, has anyone noticed that StarCraft 64 goes for $49.95 USED (without box or manual no less) at many game stores? Is it a rare game?

2. Re: Lets talk about...StarCraft!

Originally posted by Zerodash
    By the way, has anyone noticed that StarCraft 64 goes for $49.95 USED (without box or manual no less) at many game stores? Is it a rare game?
    I don't think so seeing as I still see Mario64 going for insane prices.

And I still play me a couple of games of SC every once in a while.

It's just such a timeless, and well rounded game it's not even funny.

And btw, Protoss (old school Reaver Drop goodness!) owns all other races!

3. Re: Re: Lets talk about...StarCraft!

Originally posted by Kidnemo
    And btw, Protoss (old school Reaver Drop goodness!) owns all other races!
    Bah! Zerglings only attack for 5+3 points of damage upgraded, but they attack 2.5 times everytime one of your Zealots attacks once. That's 5 attacks (40pts. damage) for every 2 (26pts. damage...I think) you do. And Zerglings can reck a bulding like noone's business.

You betta reckanize!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. Starcraft... what a great game

i like the Terran and Protoss over the zerg... i don't know what it is, the Zerg just doesn't do it for me...

5. Well, I love Star Craft as well. Great presentation, and thought was put into all 3 races in the game, each with its own strenghts and weakneses.

Zerg is great for the fast army bulding, and huge armies of zerklings and can sent onto unsuspecting opponents in Zerg Rushes, in just a few turns. Zerg is my favorite race as well, with their Alien - like look, and tendency of overcoming everything in their way.

Protoss - IS very cool with their technology, and force shield do make a difference making their soldiers stand longer against the opposing forces than other races. And with them powered up, the do some great damage. I like Protos Flying units, especially big ones, that host and release those mini robotic attack ships. Those are very cool. It takes time to build powerfull Protos army, but then they are unstopable.

Terrans are my least favorite, and they are somewhat average, but still a not bad race to play as. They also have some nice units, like those huge Space Destroyer ships, and dont take a long time to get going when building the base.

Anyway, I played the game alot when it came out, and even had some multiplayed experience over at Battle net as well, but not as much as I did with Diablo. Damn those Zerg and Protoss rushes though, when they would just rush you, right away, and you have no chance of protecting yourself.

I also did a presentation on Star Craft, back in the day, when I was still at my school. I had Blizzard flyers, and I build up a great Powerpoint Presentation with some cool SC art, slides, game screen footage. Could have beed an awesome commercial for Blizzard, if they saw it

6. Re: Re: Re: Lets talk about...StarCraft!

Originally posted by Captain Vegetable

Bah! Zerglings only attack for 5+3 points of damage upgraded, but they attack 2.5 times everytime one of your Zealots attacks once. That's 5 attacks (40pts. damage) for every 2 (26pts. damage...I think) you do. And Zerglings can reck a bulding like noone's business.

You betta reckanize!!!
    Bah!

Protoss isn't about sheer brute force and frontal assaults boy'o!

You gotta have finess, and strategy to get your win on with my protoss.

When your building up your little zerglings and Hydralisks, I'm working on sending about four carriers and a ship full of reavers on your base!

7. I also concurr on the sheer speed of Zerklings attacks, with a big raid they would destroy anything on their way, especially buildings. Their attack speed is vey fast, thus allowing thme more attacks then their opponents can do in the same time, and even though their attack power is low, with multiple attacks they can do a big damage in no time.

Overpowered Zealots can be a bitch though. With their damn shields.

8. My favorite Protoss attack (later in a match) is to send in the Zealots and Dragoons into the enemy base, and drop some reavers in on all the chaos. Then, I use Avatars to warp in MORE reavers when my initial forces thin out. What fun!

(speaking of avatars, I think its about time for me to get a TNL avatar....)

9. Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets talk about...StarCraft!

Originally posted by Kidnemo

Bah!

Protoss isn't about sheer brute force and frontal assaults boy'o!

You gotta have finess, and strategy to get your win on with my protoss.

When your building up your little zerglings and Hydralisks, I'm working on sending about four carriers and a ship full of reavers on your base!
    Psh!

You think I have no air support? Mutalisks and both of their mutations. That's heavy air, heay air-to-ground, and moderate both. I don't rush as Zerg, so my bases become pretty forified. Lurkers and sunken/spore colonies, as well as Hydralisks, Zergings and a few Ultralisks...but I never liked the Ultralisks all that much.

We should play a round some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

10. My memory is foggy, but Ultralisks are those air crab-like creatures that attack only ground forces, right?

Those are kick ass, when are heavily guarded, and in big numbers, they can totally destroy anything on the ground. Their rate of fire is very fast, and the do great damage. You just need to keep them well protected from the air attacks, and they will do the trick. They bit on the slow side though, so you need to watch their movements, and not let air support the get ahead of them.